Interieur gun sound is missing

aerodamisch

In the interieur few "F1" the guns are mute. They do fire, but there is no firing sound inside the cockpit. In the exterieur few however, the firing guns are audible.

I already deactivated all modes and performed a cleanup and a "slow" repair. The fxo and shaders folder have also been emptied.

Maybe related: Viggen is missing some interior textures "engine nacells".

Texture issues, which there are plenty of all across DCS modules, are unrelated to sound ones, so I wouldn't think about them in this particular case.

About the Mustang, just checked in the latest OpenBeta and the internal gun sounds should be there, with "hear like in helmet" option on and off. I would recommend tinkering with sound options in the right column of "Audio" tab (mine are set to "stereo" by the way) and if it doesn't help, I'd temporarily remove (or rename) the Saved Games / DCS folder completely, let the game rebuilt a new one and see what happens (remember, that cleanup and repair don't fix any potential problems located in Saved Games folder, they only affect main game folder).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just noticed the same Issue with P51. Interior Gun Sounds missing. Cockpit Sounds OK with all other modules.  ... Also did Cleanup / repair..

I will wait for the next Big DCS update in October and take care to REMOVE ALL Mods + (rename DCS Saved Games) and do a Repair.   It may be that one of the FREE Plane Mods (A4E, T45, MB-339, A-29B) is causing some strange conflict.   

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks, M. Gunhead. Indeed, it was the Edge 540 mod causing my Mustang to zip it. Your comment saved me an hour or two diagnosing via removing and replacing mods. Much appreciated. 

To be clear to the next person who's Mustang doesn't have 50 cal sounds from inside the cockpit but can hear them when jumping outside via F2 - removal (temporary in my case) of the Edge 540 acrobatic plane mod fixes the problem completely.