relaction regar map of caucaso and request update.

Xilon_x

Wow, that's a lot of yelling 😯, I suggest you take a breath :smoke:

on topic: If you want to reach out to the devs, you might have more luck posting in this forum section here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/516-bugs-and-problems/

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

aid600993-v4-728px-Turn-Off-Caps-Lock-Step-1-Version-4.jpg.webp

You mean Kutaisi Kopitnari International, also known as David the Builder Kutaisi International, doesn't exist? Shocking.

Also, when's your data from? Is it a decade old, like it should be to be able to tell you what's “right“ and “wrong” with the map (which is why there is still a Novorossiysk airport rather than an apartment complex), or are you basing it on current, and therefore inaccurate, information?

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

2 minutes ago, Tippis said:

aid600993-v4-728px-Turn-Off-Caps-Lock-Step-1-Version-4.jpg.webp

Vuoi dire che Kutaisi Kopitnari International , noto anche come David the Builder Kutaisi International , non esiste? Scioccante.

Inoltre, da quando provengono i tuoi dati? Ha un decennio, come dovrebbe essere per essere in grado di dirti cosa è "giusto" e "sbagliato" con la mappa (motivo per cui c'è ancora un aeroporto di Novorossijsk piuttosto che un complesso di appartamenti ), o lo stai basando su informazioni attuali e quindi imprecise?

no you misunderstood KUTAISI KOPITANARI air base exists, KUTAISI WEST AIRPORT exists, while that 3 airport that I marked in red does not exist.

5 minutes ago, Xilon_x said:

no you misunderstood KUTAISI KOPITANARI air base exists, KUTAISI WEST AIRPORT exists, while that 3 airport that I marked in red does not exist.

But there IS an airstrip there . . . No infrastructure, but there is a strip.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Kutaisi,+Georgia/@42.2470424,42.6249297,4995m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x405c8ce30e54af2d:0xfbec41b2d626656f!8m2!3d42.2662428!4d42.7180019?hl=en-gb

Edited by G.J.S

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

14 minutes ago, Xilon_x said:

So when you said that “KUTAISI airport is WRONG”, what you actually meant was…?

As for the concrete strip on the then outskirts of a city in 2008, where a decade worth of city expansion has happened, produce the 13–15 year old maps to prove that it didn't exist back then. And that it doesn't exist now either, contrary to what G.J.S. shows (although that could be Kutaisi West —  I can't be bothered to check the exact coordinates for the strip in question 😛 ).

Edited by Tippis
  • Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Xilon would love some of the names given to airbases that are used more frequently than their actual names, he’d have a head fart. :laugh:

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

How long has the Caucasus region been in DCS? Only NOW you’re going “hang on a minute!?!”

F2F7F929-3BC2-4928-BDFB-DA0EBA7B2CBF.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Buzzles said:

Anche la mappa del Caucaus non dovrebbe essere della metà degli anni '90 / inizio degli anni 2000? Quindi il motivo per cui abbiamo alcune basi aeree militari che ora sono state abbandonate/dismesse?

Non era un giorno moderno in precedenza, a meno che ED non decidesse di cambiarlo nell'ultimo rinnovamento.

if you notice in the link that I posted, there are all the tracks in the world there are also the disused tracks that in the past years (ww2) existed and today no longer exist so there is no problem of the historical period .

that track that I have reported is missing.

10 hours ago, Buzzles said:

Isn't the Caucaus map also supposed to be of the mid 90's / early 2000's time frame? Hence the reason why we've got certain military airbases in it which have now since been abandoned/decommissioned?

It wasn't modern day previously, unless ED decided to change it in the last revamp.

That's correct. The original timeframe for stuff like the Caucasus map was the 2008 Russo-Georgian War (which features prominently in most the campaigns), so infrastructure would've been pre-war late 90s/early millenium. Xilon's basically looking at Google maps not realising a lot of things have changed in the last twenty years.

• Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2