Authorization failed

I just finished with the latest update to 2.7.4 

Now when I start DCS I get an authorization failed error and I have no idea what the "China Asset Pack" is.

Do I ignore it or is my game broken?

I have a lousy DSL connection. It took me three days to get the latest update.  To re download the whole smash will take me two weeks. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by 4H_Ccrashh
Grammar and punctuation corrections

Hi. The China Asset Pack contains Chinese units (ships, ground vehicles, SAMs...). It was made by Deka Ironwork Simulations (JF-11, JF-17) and it is a part of the DCS World free sandbox.

Since you don't have a great internet connection, simply run a "slow" DCS repair.

If this doesn't fix the issue:

1. Delete this folder: "\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\ChinaAssetPack" (you'll have to re-download about 5 GB of data).
  2. Then run another "slow" DCS repair.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the very same thing, Only Ive been playing every day with no problems, until today.   I will do the repair as well but I should not have to
as I have 2 1TB SSD drives that have separate open betas on them and they both failed auth.   

I had it happen today. Before that, after the last patch, I had problems. The game said that it was not possible to log in, I restarted the computer and everything worked. But two hours ago, everything broke down. I tried this method, but it didn't help. 

Since you don't have a great internet connection, simply run a "slow" DCS repair.

If this doesn't fix the issue:

1. Delete this folder: "\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\ChinaAssetPack" (you'll have to re-download about 5 GB of data).
  2. Then run another "slow" DCS repair.

Since you don't have a great internet connection, simply run a "slow" DCS repair.

What should I do?

1.jpg

2.jpg

GreyCat_SPb

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having the same issue. 
The game is telling me that ALL my content that I've purchased is no longer current and once in game opens a window giving me the option to purchase all these modules. Some of them are modules I've already bought and paid for and others I haven't even looked at. 
My computer is showing the same time as my phone and it is all automatic determined by my internet connection so that shouldn't be a problem. 
I'm also having problems with a campaign I purchased via the Steam Store. It's telling me that it needs to be "activated". This is something new. Not sure what's going on here but there is something. 

If I choose to just close the "activation" windows everything works like normal, but without the campaign pack.

I'm running Steam Edition and Open Beta and purchase all modules and DLC through the steam website. 

Edited by hiltonbomber

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Skyracer said:

For me its says wrong password. But i can sign in to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ 

Anyone else?

Same here.

Just tried to log in and it says "incorrect password" so I can go no further. I know it is the right password as I use it everyday!

I also just tried to run a repair and get the message "Version 2.7.6.12852 is not available. Consider updating"!

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

1 minute ago, bart said:

Same here.

Just tried to log in and it says "incorrect password" so I can't go no further. I know it is the right password as I use it everyday!

Maybe the issue is within DCS and not on a user level

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Update

I just posted on the ED Discord and BIGNEWY is aware of the issue and ED are looking into it.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• ED Team

we are investigating. 

thanks

please see updates here 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2