Cold Start Engine Stall 20% Power

tms0018

Hey yall, I think I have encountered an issue with cold starting the F-86. Doing my standard start up procedure, the engine now stalls at roughly 20% power and does not spool up further. This also appears to effect the AI, which will begin to start up, but then not be able to move and take off even though their engines are running. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so does anyone have a fix?

5 hours ago, tms0018 said:

Hey yall, I think I have encountered an issue with cold starting the F-86. Doing my standard start up procedure, the engine now stalls at roughly 20% power and does not spool up further. This also appears to effect the AI, which will begin to start up, but then not be able to move and take off even though their engines are running. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so does anyone have a fix?

I successfully cold started the Sabre last night on Marianas and flew around.  Are you waiting for the proper RPM before moving the throttle in two steps from cutoff to idle, etc?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

So after doing some further testing, it seems like only one of my user made missions has this issue. If I create a new mission, load instant action, or start a campaign it seems to start up fine. But for whatever reason, no matter what I do on this one mission, the engine will only spool up to about 18-20% and then stall out. 

38 minutes ago, tms0018 said:

So after doing some further testing, it seems like only one of my user made missions has this issue. If I create a new mission, load instant action, or start a campaign it seems to start up fine. But for whatever reason, no matter what I do on this one mission, the engine will only spool up to about 18-20% and then stall out. 

Do you have fuel in the jet? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

10 hours ago, Machalot said:

Can you share the mission file? 

Sorry I should have thought about saving the files, but I deleted it and just decided to create another one. The mission was a free flight mission where I could practice navigation, landing, and night flying, so it was easy enough to just delete it and start over.  Otherwise I would share the file if I still had it. 

Edited by tms0018

• 4 months later...

I've experienced autostart failing. it stuck at 20% and then shut itself down. Ove and over again. I got it started by manipulating the throttle after autostarting got stuck at ~20%.

It started happening after an upgrade, can't recall when. Or at least don't recall it ever happening before. To vague it up some more, maybe it happened in cold temperatures. Also I can only remember it happening on the Stennis CV. This may have happened 6 months - a year ago.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

5 hours ago, -0303- said:

I've experienced autostart failing. it stuck at 20% and then shut itself down. Ove and over again. I got it started by manipulating the throttle after autostarting got stuck at ~20%.

IIRC engine starting is effected by tail wind and the Sabre needs to be facing into the wind. I recall this from a previous thread where a player was starting inside a hanger and the engine model not taking the hanger into account, in that case the player fixed his issue by changing his spawn location/direction.

The only way to be sure would be to share the problem mission/track.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

1 hour ago, Ramsay said:

IIRC engine starting is effected by tail wind and the Sabre needs to be facing into the wind. I recall this from a previous thread where a player was starting inside a hanger and the engine model not taking the hanger into account, in that case the player fixed his issue by changing his spawn location/direction.

The only way to be sure would be to share the problem mission/track.

Just tested this with 30m/s - 58kts tailwind. Starts just fine(which it probably shouldn't).

• Like 3
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3