Petrovich sturm misses high with about 55% hit rate

fargo007

Having a hard time getting a consistent hit rate for Petrovich on targets that are:

• Stationary
  • In the open
  • Easily in range (3.5-4.5 km)
  • Unobstructed view

I'm flying DEAD STEADY, between 150/200kmh, trimmed out, all SAS channels on and the reticles matched up quite precisely for the entire flight time of the shturm.

Have tried both low angle and from higher altitude.

The misses ALWAYS go over the top of the target.

They do not appear to be related to the target type.

Most of the time 5/8 is a good day.

Wondering if anyone has experienced that or can spot something I'm missing. 

This is multiplayer if it helps. He seems to be hitting almost all the time in SP. 

• Like 5

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Thanks guys, I had to wonder if I was smoking crack here. 

Forgot to mention, I have the AI crew skill slider at 100%.

Sometimes I get on and go 8 for 8 or 7 for 8. Most of the time 4/8 or 5/8 is the best I will get.  

I know he's a WIP and will improve as well. Looking forward to the next batch of updates. 

The Shturm could be the outlier here too. We might have a noticeable difference with the Atakas when they arrive.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I have no problem on my end, I keep it steady  precisely on the target, and he hits. Remember that due to the way he is simulated (like a human), he will seldomly miss (I mean seldom, not 3/8), but in general, he hits. I’d guess 97-98% accuracy.

Post a video or track of your assault. I’ll check it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah that's absolutely not the experience we are having in multiplayer. 

In single player, it's exactly as you describe.

There are times when he's really performing well though, and others (mostly) where you'll average around 50%, with all the misses consistently being high.

Attacking the same target with a human in the front = consistently 7/8.

• Like 1

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I will, though I am not the best choice as I would have to reproduce it in a mission with no mods first. 

No mod objects are involved here at all and I doubt they are playing a role with Petrovich shooting at bone stock T-55's and BMP2's, but the mission this occurs in is loaded with them.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I have no idea what is going with Fargo's Petrovich. I fly the exactly same mission, and appart from Petrovich going crazy and locking something else, what is locked is hit mostly 8/8. Rarely I will get 7/8, but I have to be a real monkey on controls to get him to miss

9 hours ago, admiki said:

I have no idea what is going with Fargo's Petrovich. I fly the exactly same mission, and appart from Petrovich going crazy and locking something else, what is locked is hit mostly 8/8. Rarely I will get 7/8, but I have to be a real monkey on controls to get him to miss

It’s not so much a monkey, once in a while, with a precise and steady flight, he might miss, case being if you fire close to maximum range. I wondering if that isn’t just due to the statistical hit-miss ratio of the missile, meaning that it’s a faulty one. Otherwise he always hits, and I’ve even tested it off boresight (gradual turn after firing to 50-60 deg. off board. It works perfect.

But again, it could be that either there is an issue that is present only for some users, or it’s being provoked by mods.

Guys, make sure that you are within range. If you fire from outside it, the missile will land close to the target, but still miss. That way it will look like the missile missile missed because of Petrovich, but in reality because of the missile running out of kinetic energy.

@fargo007

It’s definately not good that you are running mods, users have had issues before with completely unrelated subjects. As any ED-representative would say, uninstall the mods and see if it works then. Again, I have no issue on my side, and I know for a fact that mods can cause weird bugs. Not saying that is the case here, but you never know.

(For reference, I was flying yesterday on VK1 and another Russian server, shot in total around 25 missiles, maybe even close to 30, not one miss.)

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had the same problem like fargo’s petrovitch. I scored an 1/8 on rotorheads. Is it possible that something got updated and we have to do the startup procedure more correctly to the real way of starting up? Like flipping the switches in order and waiting for systems to startup before starting other systems? I usually have petrovitch start up his weapons around when I push the start apu button.

• Like 1

admiki flies the same MP mission and is claiming a 8/8 hit rate with the same mods. Picure has the same issue on a totally different MP server.

hmm...

These are ground objects, not core DCS mods of any kind.  Not an issue.

I've been doing my testing with mostly hot starts.

Another suggestion I got was to prioritize perfectly level flight over maintenance of the reticle lineups. This seemed to help but I need to test more.

• Like 1

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

5 hours ago, zerO_crash said:

It’s not so much a monkey, once in a while, with a precise and steady flight, he might miss, case being if you fire close to maximum range. I wondering if that isn’t just due to the statistical hit-miss ratio of the missile, meaning that it’s a faulty one. Otherwise he always hits, and I’ve even tested it off boresight (gradual turn after firing to 50-60 deg. off board. It works perfect.

But again, it could be that either there is an issue that is present only for some users, or it’s being provoked by mods.

Guys, make sure that you are within range. If you fire from outside it, the missile will land close to the target, but still miss. That way it will look like the missile missile missed because of Petrovich, but in reality because of the missile running out of kinetic energy.

@fargo007

It’s definately not good that you are running mods, users have had issues before with completely unrelated subjects. As any ED-representative would say, uninstall the mods and see if it works then. Again, I have no issue on my side, and I know for a fact that mods can cause weird bugs. Not saying that is the case here, but you never know.

(For reference, I was flying yesterday on VK1 and another Russian server, shot in total around 25 missiles, maybe even close to 30, not one miss.)

I always fire at max range (waiting for message to pop up). That way I can fire two missiles on the same run. I run all the BSD mods that Fargo is running and some others. 

Tacview attached. A very typical 4/8.  

In one of the misses you can see the shturm suddenly turn skyward with no movement from my helicopter at all. 

Around 13:00, two consecutive misses, both well within range over top of a broadside AAA unit. 

You can use the cockpit view to assess how steady I am flying when this occurs. 

Tacview-20210727-103948-DCS-PETROVICH.zip.acmi

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I am away from home today, back tomorrow, will take a look at it then fargo007.

I can for sure confirm that it has nothing to do with the level fight vs lining up the reticle. I typically do the lineup, but have also done level within the outer-boundary of the reticle (low level attack with heavy obstacle and fire evasion), and have had equally good results.

One thing I wonder about though, are your hot starts. Maybe that’s where the issue lies? I only do cold-starts and never had this issue. Adamiki, what do you do?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not worried about it at this point. I know it's a WIP and there's no sense chasing a ghost that I'm not sure will stick around.

I'll just be as ultra-careful as I can and hope for the best until we get closer to release.

If anyone does spot something I'm doing wrong, please do LMK.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg