We Want To Hear Your Ideas For A New Map In DCS!

Hi All!

My name is Dan and as part of a 3rd Party Map project for DCS, we want to hear your (the community's) opinion on a new map!

So, before I confuse some of you, let me explain who "we" are.

Astronomix  is a team of 3 'developers' looking to create an official 3rd party map for DCS, but we cant do it without some input from the community!

We want to know what maps you all would want in DCS, to help us better judge what we want to develop in the future!

Our team is still very much in its infancy - but as time goes on, we will set our sights on making an official 3rd party map for DCS, but that cannot be done without your input and opinions!

So, please leave any votes/ opinions in the comments below, and we will look at these as potential ideas for a future map!

For any questions, or to contact us directly, our discord can be found here = https://discord.gg/4KnnJCZjkP

Thanks all,

- Dan

Edited by danielzambaux
Added info
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

my 10 cents,

Viet Nam, Cambodia, Laos, Burma,Thailand

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Mac Pro 5,1 (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB RAM - Radeon RX 590

Mac OS X 10.15 - Bootcamp - Windows 10 - 2 x SSD 1TB - T16000M HOTAS - DCS World & Open Beta - Operator still a newbie

I’d like a Map that allows for plausible scenarios for most DCS current aircrafts, so a 1990-1999 Yugoslavia map gets my vote 😇

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

What @MNissen said or Korea 

But I’d happily except this as well

Edited by Helles Belle

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

There are already several „Desert-Maps“, so it would be great to see some different landscapes with green jungle.

So my suggestions:

- Asia (Japan, Phillipines, Malaysia…)

- Middle-Africa (Congo, Kenia…)

- Caribbean (Cuba, Nicaragua, Costa Rica…)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AdrianL said:

One factor to consider is that it must be easily reachable from the sea i.e. Super Carrier, Hornet, etc.

All DCS maps currently ensure this

Yeah, especially Nevada.

Here's some work already done for you guys but take note it does not contain all the possible choices:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/252811-if-you-could-pick-any-map-next-what-would-it-be-poll-vote/

My choice: Desert Storm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Fulda gap! The beginning of World War Z…:bomb:

• Like 10

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Please for the time being no more desert maps. We need green or better icy maps like:

Vietnam, Korea, Taiwan, Balkans, Baltic Sea, Northern Europe, Artic Circle (Lomonosov Ridge with ships/submarines breaking passages through sea ice)

Perhaps not ideal for combat scenarios but nonetheless I would fly around there:
The Alps, Scotland, New Zealand

• Like 7

wishlist: HH-60G Pave Hawk, MH-60R Sea Hawk, UH-60L Black Hawk, NH90, Super (Sea) Lynx / Mk.88, ME: A placeable animated LSE/marshaller for individual created FARPs

looking forward to: A-6E Intruder, A-7E Corsair II, BO-105 PAH1A1, C-130J, CH-47F Chinook, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-4E Phantom II, F4U-1D Corsair, OH-58D Kiowa, Tornado

Apache beware of the Sikorsky Armed Black Hawk!

Kuril Islands,

Since there is a lot of water around and not all the islands are developed it would give us a large area to play with hopefully without being too taxing for a map. Sort of like a super Marianas Islands with more land availability.

image.png

• Like 4

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Sea of Japan

Baltic Sea

Hoth

• Like 4

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

wow, finally. i am not alone. hopefully ED or even 3rd will understand at least, that the most effective way to earn money and get incremental revenue will be a cold war scenario!!

to feel the depth and complexity of this fabulous piece of software called dcs and it s strenghts. a proper upgrade or overhaul or at least redoing of caucasus would be a good or an eastern germany/western germany or baltics cold war era conflict a even better idea -  G.J.S has shown an area with great potential in his post.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Taiwan Strait

In my opinion this is a badly needed map. Aside from the newly released Marianas map, there’s no map featuring the Pacific/East Asia. And let’s face it, the next major conflict zone will be either Taiwan or the South China Sea (most likely both at the same time). Tensions are boiling and the US is slowly starting to take a stronger stance on Taiwan being de facto independent and pushing back on the One-China status quo. I swear every week I see at least one article on the situation. Even a USN Admiral was quoted saying that he expects a conventional military conflict to breakout in the region sometime within the decade.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, danielzambaux said:

Hi All!

My name is Dan and as part of a 3rd Party Map project for DCS, we want to hear your (the community's) opinion on a new map!

So, before I confuse some of you, let me explain who "we" are.

Astronomix  is a team of 3 'developers' looking to create an official 3rd party map for DCS, but we cant do it without some input from the community!

We want to know what maps you all would want in DCS, to help us better judge what we want to develop in the future!

Our team is still very much in its infancy - but as time goes on, we will set our sights on making an official 3rd party map for DCS, but that cannot be done without your input and opinions!

So, please leave any votes/ opinions in the comments below, and we will look at these as potential ideas for a future map!

For any questions, or to contact us directly, our discord can be found here = https://discord.gg/4KnnJCZjkP

Thanks all,

- Dan

Taiwan Strait

East Sea (Sea of Japan)

38th Parallel of the Korean Peninsula

Black Sea region (if possible)

55 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

Kuril Islands,

Since there is a lot of water around and not all the islands are developed it would give us a large area to play with hopefully without being too taxing for a map. Sort of like a super Marianas Islands with more land availability.

image.png

This would be a very interesting map🤔👌.

15 minutes ago, High_Flyer said:

Taiwan Strait

In my opinion this is a badly needed map. Aside from the newly released Marianas map, there’s no map featuring the Pacific/East Asia. And let’s face it, the next major conflict zone will be either Taiwan or the South China Sea (most likely both at the same time). Tensions are boiling and the US is slowly starting to take a stronger stance on Taiwan being de facto independent and pushing back on the One-China status quo. I swear every week I see at least one article on the situation. Even a USN Admiral was quoted saying that he expects a conventional military conflict to breakout in the region sometime within the decade.

I'm all in for a Taiwan Strait map👍

Edited by Dragon89

`

NORTH CAPE

This region includes parts of the Norwegian and Barrents Sea and Arctic Fennoscanida, incl. Lapland, Kola Peninsula, down to the Gulf of Bothnia.

nordkalotten.jpg

The area is sparse, so there are no huge city-areas to model. Non-urban areas make it more "timeless", permitting both WW2, Cold War and Modern scenarios. It is NOT another desert map. It suits a large range of currently-available, and planned, DCS modules. It has large areas of both land and sea. Landscape is varied: towering mountains, lakes, fjords, open tundra, forest. Winter snow and the possibility for road-based cold-war runways. It is a battle-area (WW2), stand-off area (Cold War) and exercise area (modern NATO Arctic exercises).

More reasons listed in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/218217-arctic-map/?do=findComment&comment=4070482

Region: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cap_of_the_North

• Like 13

Here's my idea:

Make a fictional map that can handle a wide variety of real-world scenarios, as well as fictional ones. Such a map could easily be done, and could be representative of a multiple locations, all without having to worry about the political landscape as it is now. Just my two cents.

• Like 4