We Want To Hear Your Ideas For A New Map In DCS!

Before I show you my dream, there has to be a disclaimer. I've heard that with 2.7 the 1500km x 1500km aren't a thing that much anymore, now it's more about the assets. I don't know if this is right, the first map wish (or, maybe more "dream" ) assumes that this is the case. And now:

The South-China-Sea Map (or Vietnam, or Taiwan.)
In a modern day version it would be perfect for Vietnam Settings and modern missions. You could  get all the SuperCarrier people, the coming F4 Guys, the Forrestal Fans...many DCS-Players could see advantage in this map. 

Map_dream.png

But, that would be a huge map and I guess such areas wont be a thing in DCS until "whole world" is there. 

So, a smaller Version of it could still be very usefull for many DCS-Pilots.

Map_smaller.png

• Like 7

On 11/20/2021 at 3:15 PM, Beirut said:

Cold Lake, Alberta.

But then maybe it's just me. :smoke:

I don't wanna p1ss on the idea... but I don't see the appeal. I work on two tiny areas of that region, on and just north of the CLAWR, Foster Creek and close to the hamlet of Conklin. And from what I've seen, it's pretty much just flat, trees, the odd river and a handful of gravel roads. A petroleum facility, and some ground targets.  Edmonton would be 400km away, so it might not even be on the map. No mountains, no valleys, seemingly only the shortest tiniest hills. To my mind I'm not sure what the appeal would be, for scenarios in DCS.

That said, I've not seen most of Cold Lake and the CLAWR (Cold Lake Air Weapons Range), so maybe there's something you know that I don't!!

I think there's a more interesting airbase back east, not sure, Goose Bay or somethign, at least has hills and small mountains. It too is used for a lot of tactical training, and has many European airforce frequent visitors! I know that one of the nice things about Canadian airbase training areas is that you can fly as low as you dare for as long as you dare, and often can do supersonic on the deck if the mood strikes.

Been many a time in the summer when a low flyer doing Mach 1.2 shocks us and rocks the camp building! The first time it happened, I thought it was a volcanic eruption or something! Another time I thought it was severe earthquake. I've seen Hornets mostly, but might have seen a Tornado (too far to be certain), and a year ago saw many Alphajets being used to train airborne FAC/JTAC candidates. Those were sometimes as low as 20ft above the treetops doing maybe 400knots.

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick50 said:

I don't wanna p1ss on the idea... but I don't see the appeal. I work on two tiny areas of that region, on and just north of the CLAWR, Foster Creek and close to the hamlet of Conklin. And from what I've seen, it's pretty much just flat, trees, the odd river and a handful of gravel roads. A petroleum facility, and some ground targets.  Edmonton would be 400km away, so it might not even be on the map. No mountains, no valleys, seemingly only the shortest tiniest hills. To my mind I'm not sure what the appeal would be, for scenarios in DCS.

That said, I've not seen most of Cold Lake and the CLAWR (Cold Lake Air Weapons Range), so maybe there's something you know that I don't!!

I think there's a more interesting airbase back east, not sure, Goose Bay or somethign, at least has hills and small mountains. It too is used for a lot of tactical training, and has many European airforce frequent visitors! I know that one of the nice things about Canadian airbase training areas is that you can fly as low as you dare for as long as you dare, and often can do supersonic on the deck if the mood strikes.

Been many a time in the summer when a low flyer doing Mach 1.2 shocks us and rocks the camp building! The first time it happened, I thought it was a volcanic eruption or something! Another time I thought it was severe earthquake. I've seen Hornets mostly, but might have seen a Tornado (too far to be certain), and a year ago saw many Alphajets being used to train airborne FAC/JTAC candidates. Those were sometimes as low as 20ft above the treetops doing maybe 400knots.

I figure Cold Lake is our Groom Lake. I like the idea of a big fancy airfield full of Canadian stuff. Goose Bay would be just fine as well.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I think that with the increasing popularity of WW2 aircraft mods as well as the established modern aircraft crowd, the Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan  area would offer lots of mission types.  The greatest difficulty is the different timelines, much like the changes needed in the Marianas map to adequately represent the WW2 era.  The carrier usage during conflicts in this area, the historic battles and the diversity of terrain makes this my first choice.

Second choice would be a map of the low countries, Germany, Denmark and Lower Scandinavia.

I am first and foremost a WW2 fan, anyone can fly a jet - LOL

That said, I would hope that there would be a charge for a new map - nothing is free.  You are going to get gripes and complaints so I think you should be paid.

Edited by Rattler29745

To add another thought (probably already covered), would be to extend the PG map, to include enough of Iran and Iraq, so as to be able to recreate some of that conflict.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

7 hours ago, Rattler29745 said:

I think that with the increasing popularity of WW2 aircraft mods as well as the established modern aircraft crowd, the Vietnam, Philippines, Taiwan  area would offer lots of mission types.  The greatest difficulty is the different timelines, much like the changes needed in the Marianas map to adequately represent the WW2 era.  The carrier usage during conflicts in this area, the historic battles and the diversity of terrain makes this my first choice.

Second choice would be a map of the low countries, Germany, Denmark and Lower Scandinavia.

I am first and foremost a WW2 fan, anyone can fly a jet - LOL

That said, I would hope that there would be a charge for a new map - nothing is free.  You are going to get gripes and complaints so I think you should be paid.

These areas sound good to me.  I'm just tired of desert.  I'm not a huge fan of large open expanses of water, though I can deal with it.  Sure it needs to be big enough for carrier ops, but does it really have to cover the entire South China Sea?

I am first and foremost a helicopter fan, anyone can fly a plane -  😉

• Like 3

Balkans with Italian bases, as it is in the famous Falcon BMS theatre. That would be a spectacular and extremely accurate theatre for the assets in DCS.

Italy would also be good for WWII planes!

Edited by psimo46
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, ASAP said:

1) Korea

2) Afghanistan

3) The Barry M Goldwater range complex in southern AZ with DM and Luke AFBs so I can fly the Viper and Hawg the AF does their initial training.

I'll just second this and add as a Washingtonian:

4) Washington State with NAS Whidbey, the Yakima Firing Range, the Boardman Range in very north-central Oregon and loads of low-fly routes.

a Baltic Sea Map would be great (i would buy it instantly 🙂)

Edited by Bassemann87
  • Like 4

Have a nice day! :thumbup: // Bassemann87

My Potato PC Specs:

Lenovo T530-28ICB +500GB SSD / OS: Windows 10 64Bit / Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS FLIGHT PACK

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2022 at 6:29 AM, SteelPig said:

Before I show you my dream, there has to be a disclaimer. I've heard that with 2.7 the 1500km x 1500km aren't a thing that much anymore, now it's more about the assets. I don't know if this is right, the first map wish (or, maybe more "dream" ) assumes that this is the case. And now:

The South-China-Sea Map (or Vietnam, or Taiwan.)
In a modern day version it would be perfect for Vietnam Settings and modern missions. You could  get all the SuperCarrier people, the coming F4 Guys, the Forrestal Fans...many DCS-Players could see advantage in this map. 

Map_dream.png

But, that would be a huge map and I guess such areas wont be a thing in DCS until "whole world" is there. 

So, a smaller Version of it could still be very usefull for many DCS-Pilots.

Map_smaller.png

move that a lttile bit to the south, unless this is supposed to be a WWII map 

6 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

nullHow about creating a map that encompasses part of Australia, Indonesia, and the Philippines?  This would be a great map.

MFT

image.png

I would like that just a bit further north so we can get the Cina Vietnam border.

• Like 1

In chronological order:

1) Korea! Mig-15 and F-86 deserve it right now (yesterday even better)

2) Vietnam (you have some time until F-4 phantom will be out)

3) Whatever you want, but after Korea and Vietnam (Baltic Sea for the Viggen or Balkans for the F-16 wouldn't be bad)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkateZilla said:

Here's My Idea/Dream:
world-map.gif

the true DCS world 

6 hours ago, nessuno0505 said:

In chronological order:

1) Korea! Mig-15 and F-86 deserve it right now (yesterday even better)

Korea is way over due. We need to add some Red military assets to the World War II asset pack and some Korean  war assets to DCS core or bunfle them with the map.

2) Vietnam (you have some time until F-4 phantom will be out)

Vietnam will be awesome- I think you can probably guess I would love to fly over North Vietnam an in F-4 with the New Jersey shelling SAMs sights

3) Whatever you want, but after Korea and Vietnam (Baltic Sea for the Viggen or Balkans for the F-16 wouldn't be bad)

I'd love the baltic, if the balkans and agian are done right they could also be WWII maps 

Hi All,

For me it would have to be Afghanistan

Reason for this is that obviously since the 80's, the Russians have been in there, allied forces have been in there etc. Things like Korea, Vietnam etc, are period pieces, which would then negate the use of a lot of the aircraft that are available to us. I mean yes when the F-4 comes out, then yes, there would be mileage in that, you've got the Huey, early Migs, A-6 Intruder (hopefully) etc, but from the greatest period of historic timescales / range, I see Afghanistan as the longest period of time, for the most amount of available aircraft

Just my opinion, not looking to start my own war here

Toni

• Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

On 3/12/2022 at 2:43 PM, Bassemann87 said:

a Baltic Sea Map would be great (i would buy it instantly 🙂)

I still agree with the Baltic map. It has been a hot spot of activity since and during WW2,  during cold war… Viggen and Mig-21. Later with BAP mission for F-16’s etc.  Likely to get warmer here with Finland and Sweden having serious NATO aspirations. A-10’s. Well we have a bunch here. Some flew over my house yesterday just outside Tallinn, low and fast. 

Edited by Baltic Pirate
  • Like 1