We Want To Hear Your Ideas For A New Map In DCS!

While I see many good comments and suggestions for virtual maps, ED is silent. I know the South Atlantic Map will be available soon.
So? Why would expect them to comment?
Not dissing on you, but most of your suggestions have been suggested before one way or another, without any comments from ED...

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

While I see many good comments and suggestions for virtual maps, ED is silent. I know the South Atlantic Map will be available soon.

We are working on Marianas WWII version, other than that there is nothing to say. 
If in the future we decide to announce another terrain it would be done in a newsletter for all to see, not in a wish list thread. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 8/14/2021 at 1:55 AM, KIllshot0597 said:

@Ben27603 @doublebarrel We already have a Falklands map underdevelopment by Razbam, no news on it's release but we are constantly getting small updates regarding the AI units that will be shipped with it. It's name so far is South Atlantic, below is an in development screenshot from quite a while back, on release it'll be the largest map we have. I can't remember when it was released but it was maybe half a year ago?
153577245_3726931144060163_6636752236050859213_o.jpg

You are correct, there was a video about a month ago, I thought as the holidays approached we might get a nice surprise, but the video only indicated that development was continuing… Looks fantastic, wish they’d complete/release it.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 9:07 PM, Rick50 said:

How about this instead?

credit_tetra-imagesalamy_anmp9y_web.jpg

See this thread:

Would be great for a third world war scenario!

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

8 hours ago, BiBa said:

Would be great for a third world war scenario!

True, but great for all the scenarios really... 1950's Korean War, African and South American conflicts, WW2 full blown campaigns for every theatre of war, from Operation Barbarossa to the Solomons, from Afrika to the North Atlantic convoy hunting/protection. Then there is how this would help to make heavy bombers and long range transports, and their logistics, really stretch their legs. 

B-24, B-17, Lancaster, B-29, HE-111, Junkers 88, B-52's, C-130's, C-5's, IL-76, TU-22M3, TU-95... maybe even the B-1B and AN-124 Ruslan!

I see this as being awesome for future campaigns, whether dynamic or not, whether multiplayer with AI assist or single player.

Edited by Rick50

• 1 month later...

Afghanistan from Kabul to bagram, Nijrab valley, Tagab and al’asay valleys, Uzbin and Surobi valleys down to Pakistan (why not the place where uncle Ben Laden retired himself to use the UH-60 mod) l ok, you understood I’m French and interested in these places;

Iraq;

Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, FYROM, Adriatic sea

Fulda And central Germany 

Hope you guys would be able to make one of these

On 2/4/2022 at 10:19 AM, ollk22 said:

Norwegian/Scandinavian Fjords please!

Slartibartfast approves!!

EDIT:

Especially if we can figure out what the answer "42" means this time!

(no Douglas Adams fans here?)

Edited by Rick50

There is a solution: based on the modules we have -p51, p47, spitfire-seafire, 190a8 that looks like a Hamp (Zero with square wing tips)-WW2 Marianas is close at hand,

sabre and mig 15 and corsair with Essex promised for Korea, Skyraider F9f would be great

Phantom is coming and mig 21; we need to have Vietnan-An F105 an F8 will be super-great; A4 is alive 

Taiwan/China for hypothetical 'WW3' for the modern stuff.

Guadalcanal- New Guinea for p38, wildcat, & hellcat-Nick's favorite

the future looks hypothetically great!!

Edited by greiffer

I would like to see Iberian Peninsula map(Spain, Portugal and Andorra), it would have many Air Force Bases and many airports and it is sorrounded by water, so it would be possible to operate from carriers.

It could also contain the northern part of Africa (including the Strait of Gibraltar), Balearic Islands and the southwestern part of France.

It looks very large, but I think other maps such as Caucasus or Persian Gulf are bigger and are very detailed.

On 7/26/2021 at 11:17 AM, danielzambaux said:

Hi All!

My name is Dan and as part of a 3rd Party Map project for DCS, we want to hear your (the community's) opinion on a new map!

So, before I confuse some of you, let me explain who "we" are.

Astronomix  is a team of 3 'developers' looking to create an official 3rd party map for DCS, but we cant do it without some input from the community!

We want to know what maps you all would want in DCS, to help us better judge what we want to develop in the future!

Our team is still very much in its infancy - but as time goes on, we will set our sights on making an official 3rd party map for DCS, but that cannot be done without your input and opinions!

So, please leave any votes/ opinions in the comments below, and we will look at these as potential ideas for a future map!

For any questions, or to contact us directly, our discord can be found here = https://discord.gg/4KnnJCZjkP

Thanks all,

- Dan

@danielzambaux - good starting post… and at 11 pages in, how about…

what sort of stuff interests your team members???  You’ve got to pick something that fits your own interests, as well as being commercially tempting

Modern NATO / Opfor? - Baltic, S China Sea, err… Ukraine 😮 (also good for WW2 & CW)

Early or late Cold War?  Too many to choose - Korea, SE Asia, Scandinavia, Central Europe

Specific geographies?  Aleutians and Kamchatka would be a good alternative choice…

WW2…?  I cannot see ED’s logic with Marianas… Solomons offers far more. , For Europe, the South of Italy, Malta and N Africa would be amazing. Likewise Norfolk - Ruhr - N German plain - Jutland. Good for WW2 Bomber Ops, tactical air support and Cold War stand off

Edited by rkk01

12 hours ago, rkk01 said:

I cannot see ED’s logic with Marianas… Solomons offers far more.

It was supposed to be free, small islands, blue water map. Solomons are hayuuuge land masses to model.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 12/8/2021 at 2:13 AM, Lixma 06 said:

Korea - the terrain can be adapted for the 1950's and modern scenarios, and might encourage the creation of more Mig Alley aircraft.

Korea - Totally agree - Great terrain, great potential for naval ops, good airbase infrastructure and plausible use of any aircraft from 1950 onward.

Edited by Hinkey
clarity
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 9:18 AM, Ben27603 said:

You are correct, there was a video about a month ago, I thought as the holidays approached we might get a nice surprise, but the video only indicated that development was continuing… Looks fantastic, wish they’d complete/release it.

I am really getting anxious for another map. C'mon Razbam! finish this!!!

That said - would it be worth to release a beta-map for ~$10. Then up-charge another $20 for final polished product? I'd buy the beta while the final was being worked out.