We Want To Hear Your Ideas For A New Map In DCS!

• 2 weeks later...

N Africa - Malta - Italy

Unashamedly a WW2 theatre, but with lots of operational variety and the very lovely desert and med camo schemes…

Much better than pushing dev resources into DCS: Battle of Britain, IMHO

As far as modern / Cold War, recent announcements and a few hints / assumptions have closed up some gaps

jungle???

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, rkk01 said:

N Africa - Malta - Italy

Unashamedly a WW2 theatre, but with lots of operational variety and the very lovely desert and med camo schemes…

Much better than pushing dev resources into DCS: Battle of Britain, IMHO

As far as modern / Cold War, recent announcements and a few hints / assumptions have closed up some gaps

jungle???

North Africa, Malta, Italy. Yeah for WW2 it be great, but also lots of cold war events took place over Libya and the Mediterranean. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 2:17 AM, danielzambaux said:

Hi All!

My name is Dan and as part of a 3rd Party Map project for DCS, we want to hear your (the community's) opinion on a new map!

So, before I confuse some of you, let me explain who "we" are.

Astronomix  is a team of 3 'developers' looking to create an official 3rd party map for DCS, but we cant do it without some input from the community!

We want to know what maps you all would want in DCS, to help us better judge what we want to develop in the future!

Our team is still very much in its infancy - but as time goes on, we will set our sights on making an official 3rd party map for DCS, but that cannot be done without your input and opinions!

So, please leave any votes/ opinions in the comments below, and we will look at these as potential ideas for a future map!

For any questions, or to contact us directly, our discord can be found here = https://discord.gg/4KnnJCZjkP

Thanks all,

- Dan

My ideas: 

Southern Baltics (Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Belarus)

Korea (Korean war-era)

Iwo Jima (WWII-version)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Baltic Pirate said:

North Africa, Malta, Italy. Yeah for WW2 it be great, but also lots of cold war events took place over Libya and the Mediterranean. 

Very true…👍

especially when / if we get the Flogger and Fitter

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 12:17 PM, danielzambaux said:

Hi All!

My name is Dan and as part of a 3rd Party Map project for DCS, we want to hear your (the community's) opinion on a new map!

So, before I confuse some of you, let me explain who "we" are.

Astronomix  is a team of 3 'developers' looking to create an official 3rd party map for DCS, but we cant do it without some input from the community!

We want to know what maps you all would want in DCS, to help us better judge what we want to develop in the future!

Our team is still very much in its infancy - but as time goes on, we will set our sights on making an official 3rd party map for DCS, but that cannot be done without your input and opinions!

So, please leave any votes/ opinions in the comments below, and we will look at these as potential ideas for a future map!

For any questions, or to contact us directly, our discord can be found here = https://discord.gg/4KnnJCZjkP

Thanks all,

- Dan

Fulda gap, Kuwait Iraq border, Korea

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Korean Peninsula

Size seems about perfect for a DCS Map.

Map would be about 1000km x 500km.

The detailed land area would be about 220 000km².

That seems in line with Syria or the Persian Gulf map.

I would include the JASDF Ashiya Air Base in Fukuoka Japan and then to the norther tip of North Korea.

Map could serve two scenario: The historical Korean War from 1950 to 1953 and a fictional present day scenario North Korea/China vs. South Korea/USA/Japan

Coral Sea or Solomon Islands

Rather big map of roughly 1500km x 2000km.

While big in dimensions the map would consist mostly of sea the detailed land area would be rather small.

I would go from somewhere around Port Moresby in New Guinea to just shy of the Island of Nendo. And in terms of height from the most northern tip of Bougainville Island to somewhere north of New Caledonia.

Map would be aimed at WW2 pacific theater scenarios. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 8:05 AM, ironhard said:

With the new F-15E + Mirage F1 + Apache + F-16 + F-14, the natural candidate is a Desert Storm/Desert Shield map.

Add Iraqi MiG-21, Mi-24, Gazelle, later Su-17, MiG-23, NATO Tornado IDS, A-6E, A-7E, Mirage 2000 took part as well covering U-2s

• Like 3

Rather than a brand new map, I'd rather see some way of linking the Persian Gulf with Syria

• Like 4

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4