We Want To Hear Your Ideas For A New Map In DCS!

4 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

I really love the idea of the NTTR map. How about doing similar for the Russian side? A map focused on training grounds and units.

image.png

Borisoglebsk area would maybe be a good location. On the first glance, the marked 300x300km area is or was home to:

786th Training Centre (Borisoglebsk):

160th Training Aviation Regiment — Borisoglebsk — Su-27
    644th Training Aviation Regiment — Michurinsk — L-39, Su-24, Su-25, MiG-29

705th Training Aviation Center for Training Flight Crews and Long-Range military transport aircraft - Balashov:

606th Training Aviation Regiment - Balashov
    666th Training Aviation Regiment - Rtishchevo

186th Instructor Assault Aviation Regiment (Buturlinovka, Voronezh Oblast) with Su-25
160th Instructor Fighter Aviation Regiment (Borisoglebsk, Voronezh Oblast) with MiG-29 and MiG-21.

Sounds like a great idea. Let's add it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 12:16 AM, shagrat said:

Hmm, Abkhazia/South Ossetia and Georgia are quite relevant, so is Syria.

Afghanistan and Vietnam were not the only conflict zones after WW II.

Just saying...

Well totally agree with you but what you mentioned could be included in an expansion of current Caucasus... cough Crimea... cough... cough... 

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

On 8/29/2021 at 9:42 PM, Wdigman said:

Libya,

Lots of F14 and carrier missions here during the 1980s, as well as some during the uprising a few years back. Isn't someone working on Carriers that were in service at the time? Also I believe the A7 and A6 Intruder are on the Horizon as well.

Challenge Col Muammar Gaddafi and cross his line of death! OR Evacuate Embassy personnel from Benghazi (Historical rewrite of past events)

Map is 800x 500 KM mostly desert and coastal cities. Stretch the map a little bit more north and you can maybe grab an airbase or two in southern Italy/ Sicily, Malta.

F14, F18 vs Mig-23, Mig-25 With a land base you can include other blue non naval planes.

With only 2 or 3 major cities could be faster to develop then a Central Europe or other largely populated map like Taiwan.

Yes its another desert map, but probably a good one to start with if your a new developer. I know I would buy it.

Libya.jpg

At first I didn't think too much of this idea.  But this might not be such a bad idea.  Pretty good size.  Not overly detailed cities, I presume.  Lots of desert terrain.  Not many trees.  On the Mediterranean Sea!  Probably would not be so tough on HD space?  A good air/sea/land battle playground, maybe?

Then, again, shift these lines to the east...maybe Egypt, including part of the Mediterranean, the Sinai Peninsula, the Red Sea, southern Israel, western Jordan and western Saudi Arabia would be good.  This would include the Suez Canal and possibly the Great Pyramids.  Probably a lot more interesting...but probably larger on HD space. 

Sinai Map for DCS.PNG

• Like 2

I would like to see for WWII North Africa, Mediterranean, Sicily, Italy. Korea for Korean War era aircraft. Vietnam for that conflict era aircraft please. 

• Like 1

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

17 hours ago, Andrew8604 said:

At first I didn't think too much of this idea.  But this might not be such a bad idea.  Pretty good size.  Not overly detailed cities, I presume.  Lots of desert terrain.  Not many trees.  On the Mediterranean Sea!  Probably would not be so tough on HD space?  A good air/sea/land battle playground, maybe?

Then, again, shift these lines to the east...maybe Egypt, including part of the Mediterranean, the Sinai Peninsula, the Red Sea, southern Israel, western Jordan and western Saudi Arabia would be good.  This would include the Suez Canal and possibly the Great Pyramids.  Probably a lot more interesting...but probably larger on HD space. 

Sinai Map for DCS.PNG

To make life more interesting while in the desert, we can add camels.  

On 9/3/2021 at 5:08 AM, stormridersp said:

Gulf War map.

Yes, yes, and absolutely yes to a Gulf War map.  

On 9/3/2021 at 6:17 AM, slowmover said:

Since we have Syria and Cyprus i would like also to see Greece to added there.Few words about Greece:

Beach

Greece as a peninsula is surrounded by sea. Its main feature is the rich division of its beaches and many of its islands. They have bays, coves, peninsulas, capes and islands in such a proportion that we do not find it in any other country. The length of the coasts of Greece is 15,020 kilometers.

Seas

Greece with its islands is bathed by the Mediterranean. The following seas are formed: Ionian, Myrto, Aegean, Thracian, Ikarian, Cretan, Carpathian and Libyan.
Islands 

Large and small islands (3000) are scattered in all our seas, which frame and beautify the mainland. Most are located in the Aegean Sea. In total, There are 151 islands, inhabited. Many other small islands are uninhabited and have an area of 348 sq. Km. The largest islands are Crete, Evia and Rhodes. We divide the islands into larger complexes. These complexes are: 1. Ionian Islands or Ionian Islands (Corfu, Ithaca, Lefkada etc.), 2. Myrtos Islands (Kythira-Antikythira), 3. Northern Sporades (Skopelos, Skyros, Skiathos etc.), 4. Evia , 5. Aegean Islands (Lesvos, Chios, Samos, Cyclades, Dodecanese, Saronic, Argolic islands etc.), 6. Crete.

Bays

The most important gulfs are: Amvrakikos, Patraikos, Korinthiakos, Kyparissiakos, Mesiniakos, Lakonikos, Argolikos, Evoikos, Thermaikos, Kassandra, Mount Athos, Strymonikos, Kavala, Chania, Souda, Saronic, Pagan.

Ports, Peninsulas, Cape, Rivers
Strait
 The strait of Evripos in Evia, whose minimum width is 40m. In this strait the tide takes place. Every 6 hours 
the averagelevel rises and falls.CanalsThe Corinth Canal (length 6.3 km)
Terrain
 The territory of Greece is mountainous and semi-mountainous at a rate of more than 3/4. At 131,944 sq. Km, 
about 100,000 are mountainous and semi-mountainous. They cross the country from one end to the other, high or low
mountains, which intersect with each other and close small and not very fertile plains. In Western Greece there 
is the mountain range of Pindos, which is a continuation of the Dinaric Alps. In Eastern Greece we have the 
branches of Blood.The highest mountain in Greece is Olympus, with a height of 2,917 m. We list the highest 
mountains in Greece in order of their height. 1. Olympus (2,917 m.) 2. Smolikas (2,637 m.) 3. North (2,524 m.) 
4. Line (2,520 m.) 5. Giona (2,510 m.) 6. Tymfi (2,497 m.) 7. Athamanika (2,469 m.) 8. Parnassos (2,497 m.) 
9. Psiloritis (2,456 m.) 10. Lefka Ori (2,452 m.).
Plains
 Several plains, valleys and plateaus are formed between the mountains. The plains of Thessaly, Thessaloniki, 
Eastern Macedonia and Thrace are somewhat more extensive. However, other smaller plains are relatively fertile, 
such as Arta, Agrinio, Boeotia, Argos and others smaller.
Lake
 There are many lakes in Greece. Most are located in the northern regions of the country and do not have much 
depth.

greece-physical-map.jpg

Thank you for the geographic information about Greece.  Informative.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seaside said:

GIUK gap

Arctic

Vietnam

Korea

Philippines

Bering sea might be interesting.

Eastern Europe would be good but likely too populated.

The GIUK gap is clear.  Arctic is also good for consideration is doing Cold War bombing missions or raids on Soviet Union.  Korea and Philippines also potential.  Pakistan and Afghanistan would be hugely popular considering what happened in that country over the past 30-40 years.

• Like 2

Can we add a map for Australia?  Today, I read that the United States signed an agreement with Australia where America supplies nuclear submarines.  In turn, the French and Chinese governments were upset about the arms deal.  I would also include Indonesia, Viet Nam, Papa New Guinea, China, and other countries in the Pacific Ocean close to Australia.    

• Like 1

Iraq would be a must-have since this the theatre with the most Mig encounters in younger history. Also it would be a perfect environment for the almost all modern classics in DCS. F-14, F-16, F/A-18, AH-64 etc.

Afghanistan is also very important from a historical standpoint

The same for Balkan and Libya.

I'm honestly wondering a bit that Iraq is not there already in sufficient detail. If anyone started on this in a community project just let me know. I would love to help!

Cheers,

Bob

Edited by bob030

Korea- we have the Mig and the Sabre, and we even have a campaign "over the Yalu River" that takes place on the Georgia map cause we don't have a Korea map. 

Not only that, with the current map sizes, we should be able to get most of Korea in there. The geography is also interesting, being surrounded on 3 sides by water, and hilly/mountainous terrain.

I get Vietnam, but I would wait until destructible environments are available to map makers, it just doesn't feel right if you can't flatten forests with daisy cutters for impromptu landing zones for hueys, watch forest fires propagate after napalm strikes, etc... etc... 

We also don't have a lot of the Vietnam era stuff available in DCS, (Huey D, instead of Huey H) F4... etc etc...

Edited by WelshZeCorgi
  • Like 4