Rise of the Persian Lion initial feedback

18 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

I can confirm fix is in next update lot hopefully next week.

Badger633

:thumbup:

Awesome thanks for the confirmation !

Hopefully it will arrive next week. In the meantime I am at least practicing what I can of Mission 8.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Up to mission 11 and really enjoying it, the night lighting with the moon seems way off though, I know this is a DCS engine issue as opposed to a campaign specific issue, has anyone else noticed this?

Also, finding the choppers with the radar seems nigh on impossible, for me at least....

Screen_210809_213853.jpg

Screen_210809_213841.jpg

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

14 minutes ago, zildac said:

Up to mission 11 and really enjoying it, the night lighting with the moon seems way off though, I know this is a DCS engine issue as opposed to a campaign specific issue, has anyone else noticed this?

Also, finding the choppers with the radar seems nigh on impossible, for me at least....

Screen_210809_213853.jpg

Screen_210809_213841.jpg

They can be a problem it’s a radar thing. I find getting down to low level where they are you have a better chance of picking them up.

Regarding the moon issue and looking at your images are you getting distorted lighting the sea brighter than the sky? If so I get this sometimes (valve index) and I have reported to ED think it is a ED Video thing. It normally happens to me when going from a day mission to a night mission. I find if you close down DCS and do a restart and go back into the same mission it will be ok. If you are getting it report it to ED.

Hope this helps.

Badger633

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Thanks, @Badger633 I'll have another try at lower level.

Yeah, re the lighting I'd come straight from Mission 10 so will try mission 11 again tomorrow from a clean DCS start and see what happens👍

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Looks like the campaign fix for Mission 8 may be coming tomorrow - I am sure hoping so. Can't wait to resume my progress on this one.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

7 hours ago, dburne said:

Looks like the campaign fix for Mission 8 may be coming tomorrow - I am sure hoping so. Can't wait to resume my progress on this one.

👍

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

14 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

👍

I spent most of the day today just practicing the part I can do in Mission 8 in preparation for tomorrow. Got pretty good at it, able to take out the targets in one pass which is pretty cool. Also was able to get my Hornet startup up and on station about a minute before the allotted time.  Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the mission has in store.

Hoping the update drops early.

• Like 1

Don B

Ok just finished Mission 8.

I am so glad I held off on this and waited for the fix rather than to skip it.

What an incredible mission this one was!! Badger I think this may be your best mission to date.  

I was most definitely immersed in it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don B

53 minutes ago, dburne said:

Ok just finished Mission 8.

I am so glad I held off on this and waited for the fix rather than to skip it.

What an incredible mission this one was!! Badger I think this may be your best mission to date.  

I was most definitely immersed in it!

Glad you enjoyed time to go further up the rabbit hole 😄

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 2:09 PM, sirrah said:

You probably double checked, but just in case, did you have master arm on?

Hello Sirrah, that wasn't the problem but I'll admit it was definitely operator error. Apparently, I wasn't properly locked on to the Target's heat source. Once I got a solid lock within roughly 5 to 6 miles everything worked properly and targets were destroyed.  Thanks. 

6 hours ago, eknight003 said:

Hello Sirrah, that wasn't the problem but I'll admit it was definitely operator error. Apparently, I wasn't properly locked on to the Target's heat source. Once I got a solid lock within roughly 5 to 6 miles everything worked properly and targets were destroyed.  Thanks. 

Hi, yes I have warned about this in some of the mission briefs. Just because you have a lock with pod doesn’t guarantee a lock when handing over to Mav. You have to cage uncage until you can see clearly you have it locked in the Mav screen and not just a lock but a lock on the right target.

Badger633

Just like this.

SPOILER ALERT  if you have not got to mission 7 yet 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if all missions are cold start? I will not play any missions that are not cold start. Also can options be changed in the mission editor? I like to set up the options in the mission editor to my comfort level. For instance I like the immortal option also I like symbols so I can easily detect enemy aircraft etc. I am still learning and getting shot down and having to start over again especially in the long missions is quite irritating. Thank you

1 hour ago, Orestd said:

Can anyone tell me if all missions are cold start? I will not play any missions that are not cold start. Also can options be changed in the mission editor? I like to set up the options in the mission editor to my comfort level. For instance I like the immortal option also I like symbols so I can easily detect enemy aircraft etc. I am still learning and getting shot down and having to start over again especially in the long missions is quite irritating. Thank you

Hi

Yes all ground based mission starts are cold. One is an airborne start.

Yes you can override labels in your main DCS setup

Yes I believe you can set up immortal in your main DCS setup.

The Rise of the Persian Lion also has simplified A2A refuel optional campaign and a mission bypass system.

If you are still learning I would recommend starting with ‘The Serpent’s Head’. This is free from the users files. (This only has emulated voice overs).  It is a good starter. Then try ‘The Serpent’s Head 2’. This the follow on and is available from the e shop.

The story line follows through all three campaigns.

Hope this helps

Badger633

1 hour ago, Badger633 said:

Hi

Yes all ground based mission starts are cold. One is an airborne start.

Yes you can override labels in your main DCS setup

Yes I believe you can set up immortal in your main DCS setup.

The Rise of the Persian Lion also has simplified A2A refuel optional campaign and a mission bypass system.

If you are still learning I would recommend starting with ‘The Serpent’s Head’. This is free from the users files. (This only has emulated voice overs).  It is a good starter. Then try ‘The Serpent’s Head 2’. This the follow on and is available from the e shop.

The story line follows through all three campaigns.

Hope this helps

Badger633

Thank you for your reply. I have already played Serpents Head. The simplified A2A refueling is interesting since I am having a lot of trouble with that. Thanks again. Cheers.

10 minutes ago, Orestd said:

Thank you for your reply. I have already played Serpents Head. The simplified A2A refueling is interesting since I am having a lot of trouble with that. Thanks again. Cheers.

It is one of the hardest things to get down but when you do it will be something you will be able to do with ease. 👍

Hey, Badger!  Great work on the campaign.  Really enjoying it so far.

I have a possible bug report.  I just finished Mission 8.  In coming around the 90 at Abe I finally realized the boat wasn't moving.  I haven't noticed it on other missions, but definitely Mission 8.  For what it's worth I understand that the PG map can be a little finicky with the boat suddenly stopping due to the static tankers in the water, and what-have-you.  Just a heads up.

Thanks and hats off for what you do!

Edited by ivaarsen

7 hours ago, ivaarsen said:

Hey, Badger!  Great work on the campaign.  Really enjoying it so far.

I have a possible bug report.  I just finished Mission 8.  In coming around the 90 at Abe I finally realized the boat wasn't moving.  I haven't noticed it on other missions, but definitely Mission 8.  For what it's worth I understand that the PG map can be a little finicky with the boat suddenly stopping due to the static tankers in the water, and what-have-you.  Just a heads up.

Thanks and hats off for what you do!

Hi

Just checked, the ABE should be moving at 20 knts and definitely is at the start of the mission. Could be as you suggest that the static shipping is impacting, although I thought they just sailed on through them.

As it turns out if the above is true I have already sorted this as I have moved the fleet on all missions to miss the static shipping. This and a lot of small improvements should be in the next DCS update.

I will also be releasing, free if you already have the campaign, a third version of the campaign with increased difficulty. This for those who want a bit more of a challenge. The original campaign being a balance recognising there is a large variation of pilot experience out there.

Glad your enjoying the campaign, that's what its all about.

Badger633   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Badger633,

I just flew mission 8 and I have just a minor suggestion that should be fairly easy to implement for you, but which I think would add to realism and immersion. To those not yet at mission 8, possible small spoiler ahead.

At some point the player is asked/directed to do an inflight battle damage check on his wingman. This was also the case in one of the previous missions, but I can't remember which one.

What happens currently, is that as soon as the player is within the wingman's moving zone, a radio message/sound is triggered.

I would suggest you add a trigger timer (player in moving zone for longer than x seconds) before the player gives this radio call. This would actually allow the player to form up on his wingman and give him time to "inspect" his buddy.

Enjoyed mission 8 btw! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

37 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Hi @Badger633,

I just flew mission 8 and I have just a minor suggestion that should be fairly easy to implement for you, but which I think would add to realism and immersion. To those not yet at mission 8, possible small spoiler ahead.

At some point the player is asked/directed to do an inflight battle damage check on his wingman. This was also the case in one of the previous missions, but I can't remember which one.

What happens currently, is that as soon as the player is within the wingman's moving zone, a radio message/sound is triggered.

I would suggest you add a trigger timer (player in moving zone for longer than x seconds) before the player gives this radio call. This would actually allow the player to form up on his wingman and give him time to "inspect" his buddy.

Enjoyed mission 8 btw! :thumbup:

Hi 

Glad you enjoyed.

Will add it to my next update list.

Thanks

Badger633

43 minutes ago, L4key said:

Hi Badger, just wanted to say this was a fantastic campaign, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not a bad mission in there. Thanks for all your hard work - and support via this forum.

L4key

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed.
The imminent update will include a number of improvements and also a new version of this campaign with increased difficulty free with the main campaign. 
cheers

Badger633

3 hours ago, navyseals_x said:

Hi, @Badger633

Thanks for your hardworking and refinement that the air refueling tanker's path has eventually changed to race-track. I referred refueling tanker's path problem when this campaign was released, but you didn't reply. Anyway this campaign becomes better and better.🙂🙂🙂

Sorry didn’t get back to you must have missed it. But yes always listening and making improvements when I can 🙂👍

Badger633

On 9/16/2021 at 11:46 PM, Badger633 said:

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed.
The imminent update will include a number of improvements and also a new version of this campaign with increased difficulty free with the main campaign. 
cheers

Badger633

FFS so now I am going to have to learn AAR properly then… cheers pal! 😂

6 hours ago, L4key said:

FFS so now I am going to have to learn AAR properly then… cheers pal! 😂

😀 A2A is a love hate relationship. Until you master it you hate it, then when you have mastered it you will love it. 🙂👍

Badger633

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1