Get the player creating a map marker, when he has a Combined Arms role

davidp57

Hi everyone,

We at VEAF use markers a lot.

In our scripts, they're the basis of command entry, and are central to our processing.

For security purposes, some commands are locked for execution, and only run when a password is specified.

To make it easier for our pilots, I wrote a server hook interacting with the mission scripts, which is able to push authentication data to the mission code.

Now, I use the marker's author (in the mark panel, there is a `.author` property) to find the name of the player who created the marker, and pass that to the security code.

This is well and good, and works perfectly.

Until a player with a Combined Arms role creates markers. 

With these roles (e.g. game master), the created markers lack the `.author` property (more accurately, it is there, but empty).

I'm searching for a way to identify the game masters (and all CA roles) who create markers.

Does anyone have an idea ?

• Like 1

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody ?
Are we the only ones using map markers ?

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Thanks for your answer, I was afraid of this.

Well, if no one has found a cool workaround yet, I'll have to get creative 😉

• 1 year later...

Hi @BIGNEWY ! Can this please be reported to the API team ?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/26/2021 at 6:03 PM, davidp57 said:

Hi everyone,

We at VEAF use markers a lot.

In our scripts, they're the basis of command entry, and are central to our processing.

For security purposes, some commands are locked for execution, and only run when a password is specified.

To make it easier for our pilots, I wrote a server hook interacting with the mission scripts, which is able to push authentication data to the mission code.

Now, I use the marker's author (in the mark panel, there is a `.author` property) to find the name of the player who created the marker, and pass that to the security code.

This is well and good, and works perfectly.

Until a player with a Combined Arms role creates markers. 

With these roles (e.g. game master), the created markers lack the `.author` property (more accurately, it is there, but empty).

I'm searching for a way to identify the game masters (and all CA roles) who create markers.

Does anyone have an idea ?

I have the same issue. You are not alone...

For me it is a bug... I will create an issue

Edited by Kappa-131st

On 11/7/2023 at 12:41 AM, Kappa-131st said:

I will create an issue

How do you do that?

Thanks. I was hoping that ED actually gave us access to some ticketing system but that's good, too ^^