Great campaign so far! However, some potential issues post 2.7?

For context, I played through the Horrido campaign through Mission 09 back in March.  No issues with any mission at that time.  Work and other life issues pulled me away from DCS for a few months, so I decided to restart the Horrido campaign to get familiar with the Fw 190 A-8 once more.  I didn't mind at all, since this has been a great campaign so far!

However, I've noted a few issues in missions now that weren't there back in March (pre-2.7). 

Spoiler
  • Mission 03 - the new fog and sea surface in 2.7makes it very difficult to navigate and sight, significantly more than I remember in 2.5.  This is more of a "usability" concern.
  • Mission 05 - the new storms and rain squalls in 2.7 are spectacular.  However, most of the flight was unable to take off because an Infantry soldier was walking across a taxiway and stopped (mid-walk animation).  The Fw 190s then stopped and waited, preventing all from taking off.  The mission thus never triggered properly for Spacebar to Valhalla even after flying over the airfield for 10-15 min.  
  • Mission 07 - the takeoff at 2048 leaves the Abbeville area completely black by the time I ran down the A-20G at the coastline (at Gamma 2.0).  I shot it down at the Channel waterline and turned back, but the bonfires extinguished as I neared the airfield.  The ground was completely dark.  I circled for 15 min waiting for night vision to adjust (ISTR an effect like this in 2.5 when flying Viggen missions at sunset), but it remained completely black.  I then cranked Gamma to 3.5 (max), and could only make out ghostly shapes of buildings at very low altitude.  Ultimately, I used F10 to navigate to Abbeville and then put the 190 down in a black space where I assumed the middle of the airfield was.  This one may be unable to complete for many players given the new lighting in 2.7.
  • (I'm at Mission 09, so there may be others I haven't seen yet)

Overall, loving reflying the campaign.  Great variety in missions and sets an appropriate tone for the challenges the Luftwaffe is facing in August 1944.  Hopefully this feedback can help tune it for other players starting fresh.

Edited by Istari6

@Istari6 thanks a lot for the report!

See, this is what makes it so hard to keep campaigns updated. The slightest change in AI behavior (which is usually unannounced, just a byproduct of some other change) can cause a butterfly effect and break entire missions. I applied fixes where I could. I moved mission 7 10 minutes earlier, and I rearranged the soldiers in mission 5 (A week ago I played that mission and it still worked...) The fog is probably going to be updated by ED eventually, that's what I've heard anyway.

Thanks again for pointing these out and let me know if you find anything else.

• Thanks 1

My pleasure.  I can only imagine the work to maintain all of these campaigns, particularly as your portfolio expands with Zone 5, etc.  Hopefully this switchover to 2.7 is a one-time lift for many missions, with only minor edits needed in the future.  Will send along any other issues that pop up!

• Thanks 1