Funny Story of my own error in a SEAD mission

Jenson

This morning I was doing some SEAD training with hornet. I was sure that I followed all correct procedure but still failed to lock (handoff) a radar emitter in TOO mode. After tried many times, I decided to record a track to expose this "bug", so I started over and trying to show that I couldn't lock the SAM radar even though I have pressed cage/uncage button for several times. In the end, I suddenly realized that I forgot to set the HARM display DDI as the SOI, and I successfully destroyed the last SAM site with TOO mode. Anyway as I had saved the track, I would like to attached it here to expose my "stupidity". 

Yet, I have another question I found during the mission. As I select PB mode and entered the radar code, designated the target location, on the top left corner of display, the "HARM" word is boxed (and not crossed out) and shows "RDY" below. Then if I change to TOO mode, the HARM is still boxed along with the "RDY" even though the seeker hasn't locked any radar emitter yet, shouldn't the "HARM" word being crossed out if no radar emitter locked in TOO mode? Or the HARM will always be ready if we have set up the PB mode data? 

FA18C SEAD Mission.trk

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

3 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

For the second part, did you have HARM ORD boxed or unboxed?

Mobius708

I think HRM OVRD was unboxed. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

18 hours ago, Jenson said:

I suddenly realized that I forgot to set the HARM display DDI as the SOI

That was one of the reasons I ended up making my own Weapons QRH Kneeboard...

Try to see if can be useful also for you, It's made up by several page, but one can choose the specific armament page is working on in training sessions.

The Boxed HARM stuff is covered, too.

You'll find the forum/user files links in my signature if needed. 

cheers

8 hours ago, pokeraccio said:

That was one of the reasons I ended up making my own Weapons QRH Kneeboard...

Try to see if can be useful also for you, It's made up by several page, but one can choose the specific armament page is working on in training sessions.

The Boxed HARM stuff is covered, too.

You'll find the forum/user files links in my signature if needed. 

cheers

Thanks mate! 😄