Just wonder what folks think of my first mission... Green Monster

AvgeekJoe

Just wonder what folks think of my first mission up at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317671/, "A-10C Green Monster Anti-Ship Mission by josefk".  Here's a screenshot that was just a little too big to include in the uploads:

Screen_210724_194355.png

It's not going to be the only mission I'm going to post in user files and I can assure you some will be more complex than this one.  Plus there will be an anti-ship mission that's going to be far more complex.

With that, I invite your feedback and any questions please.

Edited by AvgeekJoe
  • Like 1

I usually avoid to download and fly missions, which require mods.

• Thanks 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

8 hours ago, AstonMartinDBS said:

I usually avoid to download and fly missions, which require mods.

I might make one set of missions that only requires additional liveries, and then another set with real mods to the 9th degree for max realism.  Would that work for you?

3 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

I might make one set of missions that only requires additional liveries, and then another set with real mods to the 9th degree for max realism.

I play almost exclusively multiplayer these days, so I'm certainly not your main target audience.

But from my point of view, any of that raises the bar. So before playing it, I have to like your mission enough to download and install at the very least a livery, and then possibly more mods for the mission to look nice. Back when I was doing more single player, I only did that for missions that came with strong recommendations or if I knew prior work from the same author. And even then I often skipped such missions.

The real question is: do you need this stuff to tell an entertaining story and get the players engaged? If so, then that's the way it is, and you might miss out on a lot of players who never jump through the hoops and get it to run.

If it's just bling-bling, a nice bit of good looks on the sidelines of a compelling mission, it might be worth getting rid of it and finding the most suitable in-game replacements, in order to get a larger player base, more feedback, and more recommendations for your missions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't take missions that need mods as it makes the install messy, and can be troublesome for online.

But thanks.

• Like 3

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.