Cursor relative to cockpit

Kite Ryder

Please add an option to have the cursor relative to the cockpit instead of the view of the pilot. This way it is much easier to hit the right button for VR and head tracking users. Much more emersive as well.

Thanks for a great game.

• Like 9

I'll even pay a few bucks for that (a few....).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

+1 (track-ir user)

the question for me is: what happens, when you turn your head say from the left console to the right one...in that case, if the cursor also stays fixed to its last position, i dont think it would be very convenient. maybe let the user define a threshold (angle) that, when the head is moved more than x degrees, the cursor is re-centered to the current view? then again, we would see a cursor in the centre of our view almost anytime we move our heads for SA, which could be very inconvenient when scanning the sky or during dogfights...

1 hour ago, HILOK said:

+1 (track-ir user)

the question for me is: what happens, when you turn your head say from the left console to the right one...in that case, if the cursor also stays fixed to its last position, i dont think it would be very convenient. maybe let the user define a threshold (angle) that, when the head is moved more than x degrees, the cursor is re-centered to the current view? then again, we would see a cursor in the centre of our view almost anytime we move our heads for SA, which could be very inconvenient when scanning the sky or during dogfights...

This could use a lot of refinement in the long term, but a simple implementation quickly would be great.

My first thought would be that the pointer would stay fixed when you look away until you move the mouse. It would then snap to the closest edge of the screen or the center.