CCIP line...

Tested with Just MK84 on the centreline. No Change CCIP and DIL still displaced as a function of flight Time. Weapon impacts directly under VV. ASL Issues the Same on new designation ASL Pops up displaced to Left as per previous.

CCIP-Cl84-Bug.jpg

5 minutes ago, IvanK said:

Tested with Just MK84 on the centreline. No Change CCIP and DIL still displaced as a function of flight Time. Weapon impacts directly under VV. ASL Issues the Same on new designation ASL Pops up displaced to Left as per previous.

CCIP-Cl84-Bug.jpg

Since you mentioned function of flight time... does accelerated time function work the same way as actually flying in 1x ?  I wonder if your system time is used instead. I'll check it when I get a chance. Perhaps you might know already.

13 minutes ago, LastRifleRound said:

Did you guys see the A10 CCIP fix in today's patch? Looks like the same thing.

DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer by Eagle Dynamics

• CCIP PBIL becomes horizontal on the HUD after some flight time - fixed

Didn't notice until I read your comment, but yes, sounds like it could be related.

EDIT: Not the same issue. Thread about t here: 

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 3 months later...

Yeah it would be really nice for ED to sort this out and fix it. Its a big issue on several MP servers.

• Like 4

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I've been playing a mission set in 1992 and noticed the CCIP line issue as well, tried running my INS strictly on NAV and no joy. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat and nothing seems to correct it. Hopefully ED can push a fix for this in the future. In the mean time I've left bombing to the Cat.

• Like 2

Corsair Vengeance C-70 (OD), EVGA Z370 FTW, i7-8700k, Noctua NH-D15, RTX 4070ti TUF OC, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB & 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB , WD Black 4TB Perf HDD - 7200 RPM SuperNOVA 750W P2 Modular, ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440
TM Warthog, TM F/A-18C Grip, Virpil CM3 Base, Virpil Control Panel 1, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, WinWing Take Off Panel, Cougar MFD's, TekCreations F/A-18C Master Arm, Koolertron Keypad, Meta Quest 3
A-10C/II - AH-64D - AV-8B - F-5E - F-14 - F-15E -  F-16C - F/A-18C - P-51D - Bf-109K4 - FC3 - UH-1H - Combined Arms - Super Carrier

Nevada - Normandy - Persian Gulf - Sinai - Syria

This ever lasting bug messed up our whole multiplayer session last night, which took place in a 1984 setting (so no GPS) and we had to employ dumb bombs which didn't work at all because of this bug. All our Hornet players were dropping their bombs consistently at the same point a few meters to the west of the actual target that they were aiming for. The CCIP bomb fall line was totally messed up and was leaning to the side even in level flight as @IvanK illustrated above.

Is there any ETA on when this bug is being fixed? @BIGNEWY
It makes the Hornet rather useless in Cold War settings where PGMs are not available...

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 5

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hopefully, the bug will be fixed sooner rather than later but manually updating your INS at various points in your sortie is probably the only solution for now.

DSG Update: Correlates a designated waypoint to your A/C INS position. Most useful between sorties when you're sitting on the ramp and is the most accurate method if you use precise LAT/LON SEC (not DEC since F10 only gives 3 decimal place). Also can be used as a flyover point to update INS mid flight but less accurate method.

HSI -> DATA -> WYPT -> Enter coordinates of your posItion via F10 map -> HSI -> UPDT -> DSG -> ACPT

TCN Update: Correlates your A/C INS position with an offset from a TACAN station. Most useful to update your INS while in flight (going into a target area) but has slight inaccuracies mainly due magnetic variation. Only the Caucasus map preloads the TACAN points into your aircraft so if you're flying on the other maps you have to input it yourself manually under HSI -> TCN. Requires LOS to TCN station.

UFC -> TCN -> Enter TCN of station // HSI -> TCN -> Select TCN Waypoint (Caucasus map) otherwise Enter coordinates and magnetic variation of TCN station // HSI -> UPDT -> TCN -> ACPT

• Like 1

Fun tip regarding the TCN update, you can perform the update on the mobile TACAN station unit too as long as you program them into the HSI.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

10 hours ago, _DK_ said:

Hopefully, the bug will be fixed sooner rather than later but manually updating your INS at various points in your sortie is probably the only solution for now.

The CCIP inaccuracy is because of INS drift? For some reason I have missed that info and I haven't thought about this being an issue in our session yesterday, as it was just a very short 5 minute flight to the target area, so not much time for the INS to drift.

I really hope this gets fixed sooner than later. INS drift should not matter at all if radar ranging is used...

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

The CCIP inaccuracy is because of INS drift? For some reason I have missed that info and I haven't thought about this being an issue in our session yesterday, as it was just a very short 5 minute flight to the target area, so not much time for the INS to drift.

I really hope this gets fixed sooner than later. INS drift should not matter at all if radar ranging is used...

It shouldn't but from what I've tested myself they seem related in the game. My testing included flying around for 30 minutes (time compress) and the CCIP solutions would resemble the posts from above. After doing an inflight TCN alignment it somewhat corrects the aiming point.

54 minutes ago, _DK_ said:

It shouldn't but from what I've tested myself they seem related in the game. My testing included flying around for 30 minutes (time compress) and the CCIP solutions would resemble the posts from above. After doing an inflight TCN alignment it somewhat corrects the aiming point.

I see, but we were just flying for a maximum of 5 minutes before we performed CCIP attacks, so not much time to drift. Also, we all had the exact bomb impact offset from where the CCIP pipper was placed and this offset didn't change over time.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So this issue is a major problem for any mission without GPS available, as it completely breaks unguided bomb delivery.

It was reported over a year ago, and has been discussed in multiple threads.

Can we please have an update on this, other than just "reported". Can we expect a fix, or is the Hornet only ever designed to work correctly in post 1994 dated missions?

@BIGNEWY

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, norman99 said:

So this issue is a major problem for any mission without GPS available, as it completely breaks unguided bomb delivery.

It was reported over a year ago, and has been discussed in multiple threads.

Can we please have an update on this, other than just "reported". Can we expect a fix, or is the Hornet only ever designed to work correctly in post 1994 dated missions?

@BIGNEWY

!!!!!!!!!

It's one of the most frustrating issues in DCS and yet it get's seemingly no attention at all :sad:
It makes the Hornet almost entirely useless in the A-G role in a 80s setting like the BlueFlag 80s server.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • ED Team

please include a track replay, ensure you have aligned the INS correctly

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Was there ever a fix for this one? I try to replicate a Desert Storm Mission and can't even hit a RUNWAY. Which is pretty long.

Edited by Tomcatter87

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR