CCIP line...

On 12/25/2021 at 3:56 AM, QuiGon said:

!!!!!!!!!

It's one of the most frustrating issues in DCS and yet it get's seemingly no attention at all :sad:
It makes the Hornet almost entirely useless in the A-G role in a 80s setting like the BlueFlag 80s server.

Well the other issue for blueflag is that since ED changed how bunkers work, and and since there are no "dumb" bunker buster bombs (how hard would an unguided BLU-109 be to add) then blue is pretty much outa luck for older eras since the GBU31 is the only thing that works for blue.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

10 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Well the other issue for blueflag is that since ED changed how bunkers work, and and since there are no "dumb" bunker buster bombs (how hard would an unguided BLU-109 be to add) then blue is pretty much outa luck for older eras since the GBU31 is the only thing that works for blue.

That's not an ED issue, but a mission design issue if anything. Besides the GBU-31 you can also use the GBU-24. Both are allowed there, so i don't really see an issue here.

Anyways, this is totally off topic, as this thread is about CCIP without GPS support in the Hornet.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, XCNuse said:

Well, Wags just released a video on the Viper getting an ability to do INU fixing.

When can we expect this for the Hornet?

You can already do INS position updates in the 18, but they don't work quite according to documentation. The UPDT option is available on the HSI on the top row only if the position-keeping mode is not POS/AINS.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

And a year later since this thread has been made, and still nothing which is not surprising. It's been a bug with the module for years and it's never gotten significantly looked into or addressed by ED. A 1980s server I play on has to set the date into the late 90s because of this bug so you can use ifa to have a useable ins.

Edited by HeavyGun1450

9 hours ago, HeavyGun1450 said:

And a year later since this thread has been made, and still nothing which is not surprising. It's been a bug with the module for years and it's never gotten significantly looked into or addressed by ED. A 1980s server I play on has to set the date into the late 90s because of this bug so you can use ifa to have a useable ins.

Is it actually still an issue? I thought this was fixed when AGR was added.

Will have to do some testing...

Edit: It's actually still an issue. I just tested it (48 Minutes of flight without GPS):

Hornet CCIP without GPS.png

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

14 hours ago, Tholozor said:

You can already do INS position updates in the 18, but they don't work quite according to documentation. The UPDT option is available on the HSI on the top row only if the position-keeping mode is not POS/AINS.

The menu seems to exist; but ED's documentation also states N/I, which I'm going to assume means "not implemented"

(and after fiddling with it just now, can indeed state that it definitely doesn't do anything)

Edited by XCNuse

1 hour ago, XCNuse said:

The menu seems to exist; but ED's documentation also states N/I, which I'm going to assume means "not implemented"

(and after fiddling with it just now, can indeed state that it definitely doesn't do anything)

Works fine on my end (at least this method, which again, is not fully correct per the NATOPS):
- Create TGT designation at desired location.
- HSI -> UDPT -> DSG -> ACPT
- A/C position is set to TGT position.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

On 11/29/2021 at 9:16 AM, QuiGon said:

The CCIP inaccuracy is because of INS drift?

CCIP should work regardless of INS drift, this is a bug. Under no circumstances should the fall line be horizontal.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

11 minutes ago, dorianR666 said:

CCIP should work regardless of INS drift, this is a bug. Under no circumstances should the fall line be horizontal.

Yes, I'm aware of it. It's been reported.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oddly enough, I messed up alignment with stored heading, and waited the nearly 9 minutes for alignment, and the issue wasn't there. I've also noted that servers or missions with hot starts don't have this issue either, or rarely. Wonder if it's tied to the stored heading.

1 minute ago, Crashdown2 said:

Oddly enough, I messed up alignment with stored heading, and waited the nearly 9 minutes for alignment, and the issue wasn't there. I've also noted that servers or missions with hot starts don't have this issue either, or rarely. Wonder if it's tied to the stored heading.

I hot started, or air started even, when I tested this here, so no stored heading alignment:

On 6/22/2022 at 9:40 AM, QuiGon said:

Is it actually still an issue? I thought this was fixed when AGR was added.

Will have to do some testing...

Edit: It's actually still an issue. I just tested it (48 Minutes of flight without GPS):

Hornet CCIP without GPS.png

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 minute ago, QuiGon said:

I hot started, or air started even, when I tested this here, so no stored heading alignment:

I did say rarely as well with this, but sometimes I get lucky on hot starts. Keep in mind, the long alignment worked once so far. I don't have the patience to wait that long all the time :). Anyway, I am going to try it again when I get home. Make sure it wasn't a fluke.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 3:44 PM, Crashdown2 said:

Just got home and tested it. Doing full alignment does not show drift or INS "mismatch". Stored heading will.

How does it show that?

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 8/27/2022 at 10:24 AM, QuiGon said:

How does it show that?

Simply by flying around, and then engaging targets A/G with gun and slick bombs.  Right on target.  Stored heading will give you the headache of missing all the time and falling back on manual mode. I think it is the stored heading option of alignment that is bugged, not quite the INS itself. However I don't code and don't have access to it, but stands to reason that if full alignment works and stored heading doesn't....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, is there anything being done to make the Hornet able to hit anything with unguided bombs? Would be pretty neat, since it's kinda the point of an F/A-18.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

3 hours ago, Fromthedeep said:

INS drift doesn't make the attitude data invalid, so I don't understand why you'd have the DIL compensating for a phantom wind if it's using AGR for height above target calculations. 

You're right, I was shooting from the hip here instead of checking my references first.

In any case, I looked into said reference to refresh my memory and was reminded that a misaligned platform results in a cumulative track error, which results in a position error (duh). By implication, if the system calculates an incorrect track, the difference between actual heading and the incorrect track should be perceived by the system as a large wind correction angle. As a result, the DIL is displaced in such an extreme manner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know it have allready been reported, but just for add and sorry i dont have keep a track as the bug was seems allready reported. It was seems to me it have been fixed on previous other beta.

As on Open beta as of 24-09-22 and second campaign mission (official one ). so pre GPS mission:, the CCIP Line is nearly at 90° on the right. Same bug as before.Fully aligned 

image.png

It is particulary a problem on the main campaign, as you cant change the date ( a workaround will be to copy the campaign  files, edit mission in editor. )

Edited by Lane
  • Like 1

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Lane said:

I know it have allready been reported, but just for add and sorry i dont have keep a track as the bug was seems allready reported. It was seems to me it have been fixed on previous other beta.

As on Open beta as of 24-09-22 and second campaign mission (official one ). so pre GPS mission:, the CCIP Line is nearly at 90° on the right. Same bug as before.Fully aligned 

image.png

It is particulary a problem on the main campaign, as you cant change the date ( a workaround will be to copy the campaign  files, edit mission in editor. )

Please attach a track replay example showing this. 

Ensure your alignment is correct also, so INS is fully aligned (OK on HSI) make sure you dont move the aircraft or even take off the parking break while aligning.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi big Newy, im in european time, Switzerland Lausanne here, meaning working now so i will need find time tonight for do it.  

It is hardly a error during align procedure, the campaign mission start hot on the deck.

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro