ruddy122

How hard is it to put a parachute like the Northern F-16s like Norway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 4:07 PM, ruddy122 said:

How hard is it to put a parachute like the Northern F-16s like Norway

How hard is it to realize that there are dozens of different F-16 variants out there?

ED is making ONE USAF variant. Not Swedish, Polish, Turkish, North Korean, Dutch, Israeli, whatever.
This means no Harpoons, no MWS, ... and no drogue chute.

Why does this have to be repeated over and over again?

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, fudabidu said:

How hard is it to realize that there are dozens of different F-16 variants out there?

ED is making ONE USAF variant. Not Swedish, Polish, Turkish, North Korean, Dutch, Israeli, whatever.
This means no Harpoons, no MWS, ... and no drogue chute.

Why does this have to be repeated over and over again?

Quite.

Seriously guys, when proposing something look at this: 

And read that it says: "For this project, we are striving to create a very authentic simulation of this particular aircraft at a specific point in time. We have no desire to create a Frankenstein's Monster that combines multiple F-16C versions from different time periods."

That variant is stated to be an "F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007."

As for the parachute - it requires a fairing in the tail, compare the tail here (much longer and more pronounced😞

f16-mlu-tfai6.jpg

And from behind:

7bb274595aa5947a58931d88eb03e872.jpg

Compared to this one, the one we have, you can see that it is much shorter, and thinner; being flush with the trailing edge of the rudder.

4968ca0d728954f017f6742f8d2f75d8.jpg

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Iam sure the sales of DCS f-16 will incresase perpenticulary with variants (Parachute-CFT-weapon-addons) !!!  RED FLAG Nevada with partisipation of EU F-16 , Syria with partisipation of NATO F-16 e.t.c 

Think smart guys........ the people need and wants variants !!!  that why all those post again and again ..... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geraki said:

Iam sure the sales of DCS f-16 will incresase perpenticulary with variants (Parachute-CFT-weapon-addons) !!!  RED FLAG Nevada with partisipation of EU F-16 , Syria with partisipation of NATO F-16 e.t.c 

That may well be so. But there are A LOT of differences between different Block 50 aircraft of different nations, let alone different blocks of aircraft. Most of the EU models of F-16 are A-MLU jets which are VERY different from a USAF Block 50. And the Hellenic 50s and 52s are very different also. You either model all of those differences and do it properly, or you don't do it at all. And since the F-16 isn't even half done yet I think and discussion of modeling different aircraft is pointless. ED are not interested in making a frankenstein jet which has neat features from a bunch of different aircraft but doesn't actually represent one aircraft properly.

• Like 3

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

3 hours ago, Geraki said:

Think smart guys........ the people need and wants variants !!!  that why all those post again and again ..... 

I would love different variants where feasible to do so, it would really solve all problems. But I have to agree with @Deano87 here with the state of the F-16C's development and the differences between Blocks and especially against different variants.

The majority of F-16s operated by European operators are F-16AM MLUs with different software Blocks, and even their own software specifications.

If we were going to do F-16 variants, I'd start with ones where you can recycle as much as possible, minimising the workload; a key example would be a USAF/ANG F-16CG Block 40 c. early 90s; you could recycle the 3D model, FLCS, FDM, near enough all of the avionics, the cockpit stays largely identical with minimal differences, the main difference being the larger wide angle HUD. The main difference overall would be LANTIRN, with the identical AAQ-14 TGP as our Tomcat but also the AAQ-13 navigation pod with navigation FLIR (like the Harrier) and TFR. The only other difference is the engine, with the F110-GE-100 instead of our F110-GE-129. All the weapons are stuff we basically already have or have planned (just the AIM-120A), and maybe some bomb variants (which our aircraft should have too).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I was asking if it was feasible apparently just because externally they look the same they are different inside

The F-16AM and F-2 are completely different

I know it’s a lot to ask but different variant of the F-16C like F-16D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

IMHO, of all Blocks and variants, US Pacific Air Forces Block 40/42 is most interesting. This F-16 has HUD of F-22A and was compatible with then LANTIRN from F-15E. From 1989 to 1996 this was the 'it' platform for nighttime strikes on Korean Penninsula,  had Korea gone hot at that time. It could carry all weapons from F-15E except the giant GBU-28 that was crash developed for F-15E and F-111F operations during Desert Storm.

A weapon we miss in DCS is GBU-15 and Israeli variant , that straps rocket range booster.

I believe that all 40/42 Blocks are either at AMARC storage or were CCIPed to Block50 .

I think DCS has done a fine job with Block 50 Viper,  except performance issues , when player 'ship is near other Vipers and ground units.

One feature, not DCS's fault, I dislike on real and simmed Block 50 Vipers , is having ALQ-131 or -184 external ECM pods. That system should be housed in the Vstab root fairing , and be organic to aircraft. Instead of being carried externaly , and incurring G limit, and drag penalty.

If MIG-29S, Mirage 2K can have internal ECM , no reason for Viper not to. 

ROK Block 50, have ability to carry AGM-119 Penguin ASM. Brevity call 'Bruiser'. Block 50 has Link-16 , so it carry NATO Link-16 compliant weapon . Subject to weight and pylon restrictions. 

Viper is probably the most flexible single engine , land based,  tactical jet in US and Allied air forces except F-35. 

An often overlooked variant of Viper is Japan's SDAF F.2. Slightly larger with slightly larger wing area them US Vipers, F.2 can carry Harpoons and Japan's indigenous anti-ship missiles. It is built by Mitsubishi Aerospace,  was developed in partnership with General Dynamics,  and later with Lockheed-Martin. Japanese SADF general once described F.2 as Am6 Zero for 21'St Century.

And I personally would like to see this one finished before they even think about another version. Personally, I only have experience with Dutch & Belgian F-16As, and would love to see those, but I guess it will need a third party or a modder to do this any time soon..

While they are at it, can they create a Tornado GR1, Jaguar, Buccaneer, Hunter, Wessex, Puma, Chinook, Bulldog and Chipmunk, and other types I have worked on.

Only the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Singapore, Indonesia, Turkey and Greece have drag chute.  Drag chute isn't standart fit on F-16's. Carbon fiber brakes are already used. The reason to use Norway is that the runways are icy. If drag chute was needed, USAF would use it.

Edited by Alpiinoo

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

• 3 weeks later...

For an addon the other versions are just small differences in the cockpit. It would be good to have the other versions modeled someday. For some of them it is just a button as the rest is identical in how they operate. It is a bit more if they model a drag chute or conformal tanks but the cockpits are mostly identical. 

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
51 minutes ago, Dannyvandelft said:

I would like to see an option for a drag chute. Other countries use them on their Vipers, and since there's liveries for them, it would be nice to be able to have the chute as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wrong block, 50’s didn’t have the chute pack. 😉

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

22 minutes ago, press said:

Polish, greek and turkish block 50 F-16s have drogue chutes.

True, although as stated, it’s the USAF b50 that is represented. Also Poland use 52+.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Here we go again...and again....and again....

• Like 4

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //