ruddy122

17 hours ago, Smoked said:

Perhaps.... USAF ANG block 50's do not... We do not have anything but that block..

I know and understand that the aircraft depicted in DCS is a USAF block 50 circa 2007 (if my memory serves me right about the year). I was just answering to G.J.S. who stated that block 50s don't have drogue chutes, when in fact there actually are blk50s operating with it in other air forces. As is with the A/B models (portuguese don't have chutes, while dutch models have).

14 minutes ago, press said:

I know and understand that the aircraft depicted in DCS is a USAF block 50 circa 2007 (if my memory serves me right about the year). I was just answering to G.J.S. who stated that block 50s don't have drogue chutes, when in fact there actually are blk50s operating with it in other air forces. As is with the A/B models (portuguese don't have chutes, while dutch models have).

Hello again,

the block 50 does not use a drag chute if you imagine the 50 as the base model of a car - customers can order the drag chute ‘as an option’ - but it does not come with one as standard. 

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:32 AM, Dannyvandelft said:

I would like to see an option for a drag chute. Other countries use them on their Vipers, and since there's liveries for them, it would be nice to be able to have the chute as well.

Why not have the option in DCS if the option IRL obviously exists?

I am supporting Danny's wish, because he requested it as an option, but not as default.

Therefore:

+1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

15 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

Hello again,

the block 50 does not use a drag chute if you imagine the 50 as the base model of a car - customers can order the drag chute ‘as an option’ - but it does not come with one as standard. 

What if it's the other way around? What if the basic model has the chute, and the customer (USAF in this case) chose not to add it? What's your source?

Blk 50s have drogue chutes, but this won't be simulated in DCS because we have a depiction of a USAF model.

6 minutes ago, press said:

What if it's the other way around? What if the basic model has the chute, and the customer (USAF in this case) chose not to add it? What's your source?

Blk 50s have drogue chutes, but this won't be simulated in DCS because we have a depiction of a USAF model.

Okay I’m done. Yes the 50 has a brake chute as standard, the chute release cable is down by the pilots knees right by the cassette player. You pull the cable and as a warning to other pilots in the vicinity, a brass band pops out of the chute tube after the chute itself, playing “Sweet home Alabama” at many decibels. :doh:

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 7/28/2021 at 10:08 AM, Dawgboy said:

Here we go again...and again....and again....

Yah. 🤦‍♀️

I'd say we should have a sticky in this section that says "The DCS: F-16C module is a representation of a USAF F-16C and will not include any of the hundreds of possible options used by other nations that operate the F-16" ... but I suspect it wouldn't actually help. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

I'd say we should have a sticky in this section that says "The DCS: F-16C module is a representation of a USAF F-16C and will not include any of the hundreds of possible options used by other nations that operate the F-16" ... but I suspect it wouldn't actually help. 

This!

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Incorrect for our version of the viper so not possible.

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 10 months later...