Triggered Kneeboard Pages

MTM

Forgive me if this has already been brought up or if there’s already a way to do it. If so, point me in the right direction. 

Would love to have the ability to set a trigger that will make certain kneeboard pages become available in the middle of a mission. When flying in VR, there’s no way write down things you might need to know later, like useful coordinates, frequencies, etc. It would definitely help to be able to at least trigger a kneeboard page that would have the info. 

8 minutes ago, MTM said:

Would love to have the ability to set a trigger that will make certain kneeboard pages become available in the middle of a mission. When flying in VR, there’s no way write down things you might need to know later, like useful coordinates, frequencies, etc. It would definitely help to be able to at least trigger a kneeboard page that would have the info. 

You can't control the kneeboard from a trigger or script, but you can instead show that information using the PICTURE trigger action, here is a Tutorial:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I build a lot of missions and got all excited when I found the picture pop up feature, then I discovered that it only works in SP not MP. I'm guessing it's a bug. I tired it again after the latest patch and it still only works in SP. 

1 hour ago, Honez said:

I build a lot of missions and got all excited when I found the picture pop up feature, then I discovered that it only works in SP not MP. I'm guessing it's a bug. I tired it again after the latest patch and it still only works in SP. 

Thanks for clarifying it, I hadn't noticed it since I don't do Multiplayer. 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Alternatively you could make use of the radio F10 menu. That works in MP and won't cause server wide popup messages.

E.g., at some point in one of my missions the player can select radio menu "/" and when he/she then selects F10, specific coordinates are shown in the radio menu (you don't have to click on them)

Edit - Just in case anyone wonders what I meant:

Screen_210729_083513.png

Results in this when player selects radio F10 menu:

Screen_210729_082546.png

When the player selects either F1 or F2, nothing happens (so basically my trigger 126 doesn't do anything). This is a simple way of providing small amounts of info

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

sirrah, I took your idea and added a bit to it. I create F10 radio items that display a message when they’re selected. Then that message is shown for 10-15 seconds and disappears. And then I added a trigger to reset the flag attached to the radio item so that the same radio item can be selected as many times as necessary. Without triggered kneeboard pages, this seems like the next best thing. Many thanks for the suggestion! 

• Like 1