Heatblur Iowa-class Temperature Check

On 7/28/2021 at 2:17 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

The problem has big cannons require ED implement them into the core

This is why I keep saying we need the have at least the 1980s Iowas in DCS core.  Ideally I'd love to have enough variants to cover the class's full history in DCS core but if not I understand.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm brainstorming some ideas of how such a mod/module would be designed. At the easiest level, it would not be multicrew and have only a single location to issue orders to the rest of the crew. Obviously the player would be the captain of the ship, but what location would the player be in? Would it be the navigation bridge? The conning tower? The CEC?

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2022 at 4:47 AM, OnionSpider13 said:

I'm brainstorming some ideas of how such a mod/module would be designed. At the easiest level, it would not be multicrew and have only a single location to issue orders to the rest of the crew. Obviously the player would be the captain of the ship, but what location would the player be in? Would it be the navigation bridge? The conning tower? The CEC?

On 4/20/2022 at 12:58 PM, Spurts said:

Single location won't work is you want a high fidelity module

I figure we should have a few stations with the option to jump around and if done right we might be able to do multi-crew. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 1:21 PM, OnionSpider13 said:

Earlier today, IronMike stated in the TrueGrit subforum that HB loves to see our wishes concerning AI assets.  From what I recall, they already stated that they don't intend to add any naval assets to the F-14 module (other than the Forrestals).

In the last couple weeks, I noticed threads in the ED forum and Hoggit asking for Iowa-class battleships to be added to DCS World.  Without discussing the real-world usefulness/effectiveness of battleships, I personally would find their inclusion in DCS to be really immersive (particularly in 1980s USN battlegroups).

So here's the question:  Assuming the 1980s Iowa-class battleship is never a free AI asset, would you folks be interested in HB developing it as a paid asset?  I would be happy for any 3rd-party dev to model it, but it fits best within HB's wheelhouse, so to speak (F-14, A-6, Forrestal).

If there is no way to have it free or as a playable module, then I would like the Iowas as part of a cold war naval asset pack 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...