REVERB G2 works until main DCS menu appears and then blacks out ???

JEFX

Anybody has had this kind of problem?  I have played DCS with my G2 for months now and it was fine.

Today, I found the horizon was strangely VERY tilted (lower on the right side), both in the main DCS menu window and ingame as well...

I tried all I could and nothing worked until I tried something I read on the forum : I uninstalled WMR for SVR and reinstalled it.

I launched DCS and the main menu appeared and LO not tilted anymore, yes!

BUT...

The minute I launched any kind of 3d rendering (a mission, an instant action, anything), the G2 becomes black... 

Even when I quit DCS, my G2 doesnt return to the WMR portal 'room', it stays black...

I tried with MSFS2020 and it is the same thing...

I tried quitting WMR and starting it again, and yes I could see the 'room' in my G2 and launched ALYX no problem and it played fine...

I returned to DCS and I could get to the INSTANT ACTION menu, I could choose a mission and when the progress bar gets to around 80%, it blacks out in the G2 again...

Any help will be welcome, thanks!

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

it tilted out of nowhere yesterday for me as well how ever, I had to add some more lighting around my room to get it back to tracking correctly.

Not sure if the latest steam VR beta 1.19.4 is the issue. It started happening after that update.

zprwsp-6.png

Thanks Bearfoot... but I did already reset the environment and it was already on best visual quality...

But the problem is not the tilted view anymore.. by uninstalling and reinstalling WMR for SVR I got a very nice horizon...

No, what I see in my headset is the default view of the mountains in the far horizon of SteamVR or the 'room' of WMR portal, and when I launch DCS I see that it is displayed ion the main (square) window and in WMR window on my flat screen, but it blacks out in the G2 (and Alyx is working correctly)????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SOLVED!

I had to uninstall not only WMR for SVR but Windows Mixed Reality as well from Windows 10...

Then, I started from scratch the installation of my G2 running WMR Portal and then I added WMR for SVR and everything worked fine!!!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]