Deka we haven't heard from you much.

Hodo

On 8/1/2021 at 11:23 PM, TLTeo said:

Beyond this, the Block 3 is significantly different from the Block 1/2 - other than the HMD, it has an AESA radar, a different fully FBW FCS, supposedly an IRST and a new MWS, a new HUD, an extra hard point, and a different engine to name a few.

Asking for Block 3 features to be included in the DCS module is like asking for e.g. the Super Hornet AESA radar to be carried by our Hornet.

While normally would agree, as I recall Deka themselves stated if PAF adopted HMD they would add it. So in this case they set the precedent and not unfair to ask about it since the 'requirement' is being met soon.

Either way I love the Jf. Great module and look forward to any new features at this point.

• Thanks 2

• 6 months later...
On 8/27/2022 at 12:20 PM, Baltic Dude said:

No, they do not care to let us know if they are working on anything at all.

Except that news bulletin last month that said exactly what they were doing all the way until december.

• Like 4

On 8/28/2022 at 10:14 PM, Baltic Dude said:

So nothing regarding any new module?

No. I'd speculate hearing about it in the December-January time frame when the jf is done. But even the work to decide if they're going to do a certain module could take months.

On 8/31/2022 at 12:16 AM, Vashka said:

No. I'd speculate hearing about it in the December-January time frame when the jf is done. But even the work to decide if they're going to do a certain module could take months.

I suspect they already know what they’re going to do if if their wrapping up the JF-17 I figured they probably have at least planned their next move.

1小时前,F-2说:

I suspect they already know what they’re going to do if if their wrapping up the JF-17 I figured they probably have at least planned their next move.

Hard to say. They should have done that conventionally and I hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if they have not yet. I remembered hearing that they are quite in lack of programmer, like Razbam in earlier years. My impression is that they would struggle to cope with more than one main project at a time even just pre-developing works, and this problem would also add to the scruple when choosing next project. They used to be doing some research not to be used at once as technical reserve (that's when the Su-30MKK rumor came up if you remember it) and their progress on JF was very struggling during that time. I hope they also know that if they don't want to delay their future schedule way too much.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 4 months later...

I remember them saying some time ago they were burned-out by MFD development (it's not easy to do in DCS), and so their next aircraft would have more conventional instrumentation.

Speculate away...

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 11:32 AM, Tiger-II said:

I remember them saying some time ago they were burned-out by MFD development (it's not easy to do in DCS), and so their next aircraft would have more conventional instrumentation.

Speculate away...

J-7?   

But seriously it has been a year or more since Deka has said anything of note.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:32 AM, Tiger-II said:

Speculate away...

Or they could do a J-10B and reuse 95% of the cockpit layout and systems as they are crazily similar. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Or they could do a J-10B and reuse 95% of the cockpit layout and systems as they are crazily similar. 

Max we'd probably get would be a J-10A as B has an AESA radar that well, frankly we'd never get in DCS because its classified as hell and the code base definitely couldn't handle it.

Also if anyone hasn't seen it, Deka put a hint on their Bilibili, simply the year "1968", which discounts J-10 probably, leaving most likely, H-6 (First Flight of domestic made), Q-5 (Believe started production this year) or maybe a j-7 or early j-8.

image.png

Edited by Morri
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Morri said:

Max we'd probably get would be a J-10A as B has an AESA radar that well, frankly we'd never get in DCS because its classified as hell and the code base definitely couldn't handle it.

Also if anyone hasn't seen it, Deka put a hint on their Bilibili, simply the year "1968", which discounts J-10 probably, leaving most likely, H-6 (First Flight of domestic made), Q-5 (Believe started production this year) or maybe a j-7 or early j-8.

image.png

We'll never get a J-10 ik that, as for the 1968 date, I've looked at every aircraft that was made/introduced in that year by China and not one is compelling.

H-6, useless in DCS.

Q-5, just a worse version of the 19P which we have.

Early J-7, worse version of the 21 which we have.

Early J-8 makes the early MiG-23 variants look like the F-22 in comparison.

I understand Deka is tired of modeling MFDs and  wants to do something more analog but there are a lot of WAY BETTER choices between 1968 and the J-10A than early Q-5, J-7, J-8s :).
I'm also biased and want something red gen 4 or something that can fight alongside gen 4 aircraft, hell, even a J-8D/F would do.

I'll be more interested in those old cold war stuff than J-10 myself.

But I'd prefer a later J-7 or Q-5 than a very early one.

J-8, I just don't see any draw in.

More modern things I honestly don't care too much for, but any properly red modern plane would be something different and interesting regardless.

But in the end Deka gave us JF-17 as their first module, one of the most modern aircraft in DCS. So I'd be happy to see them give us a Cold War module next myself. 

H-6 wouldn't be my cup of tea, but it'd honestly be a great and unique addition to DCS, and we are already getting into some of these bigger/more specialized aircraft with C-130 etc. Still, I'd prefer a Cold War fighter or attacker the most.

Also, I wonder if we can maybe eventually get one of the many Su-30 export variants from somebody. Russia seems no-go, Chinese ones seem about as unlikely, MKI would be amazing but I somehow don't see India being particularly cooperative either. But maybe something like at least MKA, MKM eventually, hopefully?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

17 hours ago, Morri said:

image.png

Y4P]_Z694VZ37848)F[FWYX.gifY4P]_Z694VZ37848)F[FWYX.gifY4P]_Z694VZ37848)F[FWYX.gif

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

22小时前,Morri说:

image.png

New hint already there and I bet, a J-8.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

Hmm Lunar New Year airplane announcement? Would be pretty pog ngl.

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

On 1/17/2023 at 8:41 AM, Morri said:

image.png

I don’t know much about the numbering system of the PLAAF or PLAN, but could this be the last four digits of a bort number? Past or present?