Any update on HOF Burst for cluster munitions

hawk4me

I will put this here since it applies to multiple aircraft. The CBU-87/97 are heavily dependent on being able to change the altitude that the weapon dispenses it's cluster munitions to cover a more compacted or a wider spread area. The same goes for the JSOW A for the F18 and F16. Is this something that will implemented much further down the line or is it something actively being worked on. I think this would allow the weapon to be far more effective and allow a much greater immersion. Same can be said for CBU-99 and MK-20 on the hornet they burst at 1500ft regardless of setting.

• ED Team

Cluster munitions are currently in review by our weapons team. 

Thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

8 hours ago, hawk4me said:

I will put this here since it applies to multiple aircraft. The CBU-87/97 are heavily dependent on being able to change the altitude that the weapon dispenses it's cluster munitions to cover a more compacted or a wider spread area. The same goes for the JSOW A for the F18 and F16. Is this something that will implemented much further down the line or is it something actively being worked on. I think this would allow the weapon to be far more effective and allow a much greater immersion. Same can be said for CBU-99 and MK-20 on the hornet they burst at 1500ft regardless of setting.

CBU-99 and MK-20 can only be adjusted by the ground crew by adjusting a screw directly in the bomb itself IIRC (currently not possibel in DCS. Hopfully it could be able to change this in the loadout screen/menu in the future).
So the HT function/setting in the stors/MSN page needs to match the bombs set burst hight to get the most accurate CCIP delivery

I'm aware that they need to have the dial turned. However baring the ability to walk around your plane during pre-flight and changing it yourself doing it through the DDI/MFD is the best way. Does it break emersion, Possibly to a real pilot of the aircraft but that emersion is broken the second they jump in plane to begin with. It could be something that possibly through the F10 menu maybe before take-off you could have ground crew set HT function. That actually is not a bad idea honestly I kind of like that approach to take.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:15 PM, hawk4me said:

The CBU-87/97 are heavily dependent on being able to change the altitude that the weapon dispenses it's cluster munitions to cover a more compacted or a wider spread area.

Appears to be working fine on A10C2. Just ran a test mission in Nevada, set up 4 columns of tanks (x11) with default spacing and targeted tank 6 on each run, then set 4 differing altitudes of burst. 300 (pointless - too low - nothing dispensed), 1500 (hit complete column), 1800 (default - missed 1st 2 tanks) and 3000 (far too high and drifted off course).

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

I haven't done a full inventory in a while, but it's basically…

• CBU-52B for F-5, where a bomb setting mechanism already exists that might need to be extended to CBUs, but it's based on timing rather than HoF, iirc.

• CBU-87, -97, -103, and -105 for A-10 and F-16, where the A-10 can do it using what is probably an incorrect procedure. The F-16 simply lists the altitude and would need a setting mechanism (as would the A-10 to make it realistic, possibly also extending to the A-10A).

• CBU-99 and -100/Mk20 for AV-8, F-14, F-18, which show very little information to begin with and where some kind of setting mechanism is needed.

• CBU-100/Mk20 for the JF-17, which already has this, but again, the procedure is questionable.

• Any and all RBKs that might have that functionality, especially since they're carried by aircraft without any kind of weapon settings to begin with.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧