AGM-65x Crosshair not showing (VR only)

Malfoy7

I flew this air spawn mission in single player, in the F-16C on the Caucasus map,

In the mission they're several air spawns each carrying a different AGM-65 variant, the variant shown in the track file and screenshots is the AGM-65K. Each VIS, PRE and BORE on every AGM-65 variant showed the same issue.

Upon jumping in the jet I entered A/G mode and proceeded to the WPN page to deploy the AGM-65K in VIS mode, no crosshair is shown on the page however the functionality is still all present so I could lock the target with an accurate guess on where the centre of the MFD was, once the target was locked the crosshair would re-appear until the weapon was fired or the lock was lost.

VR headset:

Pimax 5Kplus

agm65 - target locked.png

agm65 - no target locked.png

viperAGM65bug.trk F-16C Training (Caucasus).miz

• ED Team

Hi,

I have been unable to reproduce this in the reverb G2 all looks good. 

Screen_210730_203144.png

Are you using any mods or edits? have you tried a slow repair or verify if steam, can you attach your dcs.log also 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Malfoy7 said:

I only have a few mods in my saved games folder and they are F-22A / A-4E and a few static target packs, I first noticed the bug about a month ago but I don't know which DCS version first had it.

dcs.log.old 398.91 kB · 1 download

Maybe this post helps you, there‘s some things mentioned you could try and see if you get the crosshairs back. Like the mfd resolution to 1024 and the msaa to 2x to mention only 2 of the suggested fixes

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 3:50 PM, _SteelFalcon_ said:

Maybe this post helps you, there‘s some things mentioned you could try and see if you get the crosshairs back. Like the mfd resolution to 1024 and the msaa to 2x to mention only 2 of the suggested fixes

Perfect, the MFD resolution increase fixed the issue. I was on 256 but now I can see them on 1024.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks fot the post. Even on the Pimax 8Kx where you would expect the resolution to be sufficient to pick the crosshair lines up it needs 1024 MFD resolution. Seems to be a Pimax specific thing then.

Had the same issue and I was wondering if it was me or the sim doing something wrong.

Edited by darkman222