AIM-9 tone inverted

El Pilotto

Wierd thing. AIM-9 tone is totaly inverted. So then I selct it, is sounds like it's locked on something, but then I trying to lock on something it switches to the searching tone.

Tryed to reinstall module, but it didn't help. 

Edited by El Pilotto

4 hours ago, RustBelt said:

That tone isn't from your Sidewinder. In the video you can hear both sidewinder sounds and neither are that loud feedback sounding tone that sounds on top of DCS.

Did't get your point. It heppens only with F-14. F-5, F-16, F\A-18 AIM-9s do not sound like that.

UPD Just for testing turned off FFB in settings. Did not help. And also I'm using non ffb stick (warthog hotas) 

1 hour ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

A wild guess..... Do you, or did you use a butt kicker or something like that? Had also strange sounds once and had the respective software set to the wrong output. 

Nope, don't have such devices. Tryed to switch the sond output in DCS from default to my headphones - didn't help 

Edited by El Pilotto

Do you have the F-22 mod installed? If so, try going to the saved games folder and go to the F-22 files and find a file called AIM9.ogg or something similar to that and delete it. That should solve that ear piercing SW tone.

• Like 2

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

20 hours ago, DSplayer said:

Do you have the F-22 mod installed? If so, try going to the saved games folder and go to the F-22 files and find a file called AIM9.ogg or something similar to that and delete it. That should solve that ear piercing SW tone.

thanks

i had the same problem

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580