No afterburner effect

T-Pap

The afterburner won't light from just pushing the throttle forwards, you have to push it fully forwards and then hold the AB ignite button (on the throttle quadrant, near the front of it). You can confirm the AB is operating by the two annunciator lights. Mil power is a similar story, except with the other button and the two green lights over the RPM.

Edited by rossmum

• 2 weeks later...
The afterburner won't light from just pushing the throttle forwards, you have to push it fully forwards and then hold the AB ignite button (on the throttle quadrant, near the front of it). You can confirm the AB is operating by the two annunciator lights. Mil power is a similar story, except with the other button and the two green lights over the RPM.
Ahhhh! Thanks. Now it makes more sense. Got the AB going though, but never MP.
How do you turn off AB without decreasing the throttle, if at all possible.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Military power is a separate button you also have to hold. If you go full throttle without holding the afterburner or military power button, it just goes full non-military power. 

For both military power and afterburner, to turn on, you need to decrease the throttle (if you are in full throttle) and then push it forward holding the relevant button. There are two lights to watch (check Chuck's Guide for their placement). 

I don't believe there is a way to turn off the afterburner without decreasing the throttle, but you will get the hang on it. 

• Like 1

Military power is a separate button you also have to hold. If you go full throttle without holding the afterburner or military power button, it just goes full non-military power. 

For both military power and afterburner, to turn on, you need to decrease the throttle (if you are in full throttle) and then push it forward holding the relevant button. There are two lights to watch (check Chuck's Guide for their placement). 

I don't believe there is a way to turn off the afterburner without decreasing the throttle, but you will get the hang on it. 
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I had the afterburner sorted out, will check out the military power.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

One or the other, not both.

Full military closes the nozzle a bit, producing more thrust. AB injects the fuel and the nozzle needs to be open.

As stated above. Going from military to AB is just using the button, going back from AB you need to also reduce throttle position below the AB or mil regulating limit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's weird but you'll get the hang of it.

Basically, just pull the power off for a second or two, then push it back up to cancel AB. Quite easy.

• Thanks 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."