SEAD flights

49 minutes ago, Dave317 said:

Just picked this campaign up and trying to get to grips with it. 

Am I supposed to be telling my SEAD flights where they should be operating?  They don't seem to do anything and land back with all their missiles

Hey first thanks for your purchase. 🙂 

SEAD flights do not need to tell them where to operate. 

Can you give a bit more intel about this issue? ex. How many sorties have you flown? Which code are you using, payload etc. 

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

I'm only 2 missions in.  Can't remember the codes off hand. 

I assigned Trimmer and Fish as SEAD flights on both missions with payloads of 2x harms and 2x maverick F's for each aircraft. 

So far they haven't engaged anything and just fly around. 

It’s the new 2.7 clouds mainly, if the area is overcast the AI does not identify any ground targets and just goes into a holding pattern south of the carrier.

Each time of day has a Clear, Medium or Rain variant but this is not displayed from the mission text that I could find. 

35 minutes ago, Dave317 said:

Ah maybe it's the clouds then.  There s quite a thick layer that they fly above.  Do the SEAD flights only go for radar SAMs? 

Nope, depending on your loadout they will go for other targets such as strellas, AAAs etc. If they are able to see them of course due of night and weather conditions. 

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Just flown another misson, this time at night with similar clouds. 

The SEAD flight destroyed all sorts of AAA and sams using all of their missiles.  Maybe the ai don't like using F mavs during the day. 

Edited by Dave317
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have flown mission 2 several times now. I'm doing as recommended and assigning Pickles and Hooters to SEAD. However, there are no SAM:s turning on their radars, and hence Pickles and Hooters are not doing anything if I give them HARM:s. And if I give them laser bombs, they just circle around the carrier. What do I need to do to make them shoot something? It's getting frustrating...

• 1 year later...
On 7/31/2021 at 12:44 AM, Dave317 said:

I'm only 2 missions in.  Can't remember the codes off hand. 

I assigned Trimmer and Fish as SEAD flights on both missions with payloads of 2x harms and 2x maverick F's for each aircraft. 

So far they haven't engaged anything and just fly around. 

same problem here. still...