≡☆≡ JOIN THE 51st VFW ≡☆≡

Callsign JoNay

≡☆≡ JOIN THE 51st VFW ≡☆≡

■ABOUT US■

We are a North American based group operating primarily in the evening hours between the PST and EST timezones, but we accept applicants from all over the world as long as they can adapt to our schedule.

■FLY WHAT YOU WANT■

The 51st VFW doesn't have any policy that restricts members to a single airframe. All pilots can fly whatever they feel like depending on mood, but we ask our members to specialize in at least one preferred aircraft so that we can sort them into an appropriate sub-squadron for organizational purposes.

■SERVER■

Our server hosts detailed sandbox style missions for the Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR and Marianas that feature MOOSE scripting for enhanced naval ops, integrated air defense networks with realistic SAM placements, scripted weapons ranges, civilian and military traffic, as well as persistent weather and save states, ATIS, and LOTATC integration for human controlled ATC, AWACS, and GCI.

■REQUIREMENTS■

•Fluent in English.
•Over 18 years old.
•Have some form of HOTAS.
•Have some form of head tracking.
•Latest version of DCS Open Beta.
•Simple Radio / SRS.

■AIRFRAMES■

• F-14B
  • AV-8B
  • A-10C
  • AH-64D and/or other Blue helos
  • F-16C
  • F/A-18C
  • F-15E
  • C-130 (Eventually)

ARE YOU READY TO TAKE ON THE NEXT CHALLENGE?

Edited by Callsign JoNay

• Callsign JoNay changed the title to ≡☆≡ JOIN THE 51st VFW ≡☆≡
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, how about a humble but effective Jeff driver? Do you have some kind of open night to join applicants onto one of your servers? Unfortunately your form doesn't have an "other" checkbox under the airframes category, which may be beneficial for you and applicants.

Edited by Pocket Kings

22 hours ago, Pocket Kings said:

Hey guys, how about a humble but effective Jeff driver? Do you have some kind of open night to join applicants onto one of your servers? Unfortunately your form doesn't have an "other" checkbox under the airframes category, which may be beneficial for you and applicants.

We aren't currently recruiting for the Jeff at this time, but we do have a few members that dabble with it. Do you fly any secondaries, or just a Jeff main?

I'm in the process of building a cockpit, currently working on the UFCP and the screens. Second part will be the radio and the avionics button box. So yes, mainly driving the Jeff. However I plan to pick up one of the more common airframes if we get an easter sale. I'm still not sure which one. Coming from the Jeff, I'm really used to 98% of systems working. I somehow refuse the notion of "forever beta products" and not fixing glaring bugs, while at the same time working on a model of a pilots' body and boots. Seriously? How long has the F/A-18 been out? But, that's just me I guess...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's some new footage from one of our A2G FAC-A/CAS weekly missions:

We are currently recruiting for: AV-8B, F-14B, AH-64D (and other helos), and LotATC at the time of this forum post.

F/A-18C, F-16C, and A-10C squadrons are currently closed, but accepting names for the waitlist.

F-15E squadron will be ready to start recruiting on day-1 of the module release.

• 2 weeks later...

News as per January 22 / 2023:

-All recruitment is closed at this point in time except for LotATC and F-15E.

-Yes, the F-15E squadron is officially OPEN for recruiting at the 51st VFW. We expect the Strike Eagle to be one of, if not the, most popular module in DCS. Spots are limited and expected to fill up fast! So don't delay, and get your application in via the discord application. F-15 work ups have already begun, using the FC3/F-15C Eagle as a trainer/placeholder aircraft.

Screen_230118_173328.png

Screen_230118_171555.png

Screen_230118_174343.png

Edited by Callsign JoNay

Recruiting for the AV-8B has re-opened!

marianas_formation.png

Join the discord today at: https://discord.gg/51stvfw

Recruiting is open for F-15E, LotATC, and AV-8B.

F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14B, AH-64, and A-10C II are temporarily closed, but may re-open soon, so join the discord to enquire about getting on a waitlist.

Edited by Callsign JoNay