Dysfunction of the Wing Flaps Handle of the TF-51D

Glow

1 hour ago, Jobediah said:

Specifically a joystick or any button controller? I have all my warbird canopies bound to a toggle on my HOTAS and it works fine.

Any button. I tried it on a switch on my throttle.Push for close and pull for open and it does nothing. The axis for the canopy crank it not really usable either (and no, there was no axis assigned while I was trying a button).

For the P-51D it works, but not for the TF-51D.

Edited by Nereid
  • Like 1

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

@Nereid You've answered your own question. Indeed, the bug was fixed some time ago in P-51D, but it's still there in the TF-51D, amogst others (flaps bug, carb controls bug). Fortunately, manual edits of relevant .lua files, like Tanuki explained above, do work in TF very well. 

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

21 hours ago, Art-J said:

@Nereid Fortunately, manual edits of relevant .lua files, like Tanuki explained above, do work in TF very well. 

That's not the point. People new to DCS world (and the TF-51D is intended to target those) rarely edit .lua files.

So the bug is not fixed and that is the point.

Edited by Nereid
  • Like 5

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

16 hours ago, Art-J said:

@Nereid You've answered your own question. Indeed, the bug was fixed some time ago in P-51D, but it's still there in the TF-51D, amogst others (flaps bug, carb controls bug). Fortunately, manual edits of relevant .lua files, like Tanuki explained above, do work in TF very well. 

Good idea for new players comming to DCS, before you start a game we invite you to little trip through DCS instalation sub folders 😛 

Minimum requirements :

notepad++

• Like 3

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

1 hour ago, Nereid said:

That's not the point. People new to DCS world (and the TF-51D is intended to target those) rarely edit .luad files.

This is the remark that I had also made. In response, this answer :

no comments ...

Edited by Tanuki44
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nereid said:

That's not the point. People new to DCS world (and the TF-51D is intended to target those) rarely edit .luad files.

Oh, I know what the point is and very much understand and share your sentiment. As a matter of fact, I sent a PM to Nineline yesterday to ask if he could remind the devs about three of the bigger bugs (canopy, flaps, carb levers) still waiting to be fixed in TF-. Didn't even mentioned other, smaller ones (radiator switches, stick lock, landing light and/or tailwheel LOD) which are still present in both Mustangs. Getting the "big three" sorted would already be a major step forward.

Just wanted to point out, that whether you are a veteran or novice to DCS warbirds, you can at least do manual edits to fix some of these issues. Other module owners sometimes can't even do that.

P.S. - that's not a place to have this conversation, really. Since the bug has been fixed in P-51D module, and that's how this thread is marked, it's unlikely NL or BN will visit and read here. Bugs section of the TF-51 forum is where we should be discussing this issue further.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team

Hi all, 

there is a report for it and I have chased it up. 

Threads merged

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

there is a report for it and I have chased it up. 

Threads merged

thank you

Thanks. I have a friend that told me he had trouble with the TF-51D as he was testing DCS for his first time a few weeks ago. That's why I was checking the TF-51D myself. I don't think he will ever come back or he would have purchased any module if there were no such bugs. But trying DCS a frustrating experience for new players even for the good stuff. You really do not want bad stuff to scare them off in addition...

Edited by Nereid

• ED Team
14 minutes ago, Nereid said:

Thanks. I have a friend that told me he had trouble with the TF-51D as he was testing DCS for his first time a few weeks ago. That's why I was checking the TF-51D myself. I don't think he will ever come back or he would have purchased any module if there were not such bugs. But trying DCS a frustrating experience for new players even for the good stuff. You really do not want bad stuff to scare them off in addition...

you certainly need patience for DCS those that dont wont last long but I take your point. 

We also offer free trials for DCS on the stand alone version so he could try any aircraft participating in the free trials

Our trial system allows you evaluate all participating modules (aircraft and maps) for 14 days. 

You can play each module sequentially for 14 days or any number of them at a time. Once you have ‘consumed’ the 14 days, you will be given another 14 day free trial period for all modules six months later. Enjoy the offer and please tell your friends! 

Trial and 50% details here 
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/Discount/

access the free trial here
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/trial/

Not available for steam sorry, you will need to use the stand alone version for this free trial

Link your steam account here
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/profile/
Download standalone here 
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I know about the trials. I'm using them for myself and bought the Mosquito because of this. But please keep in mind that some just use steam and they will not even think about registering for a trial on the ED website - if they even would know of it. I'm using steam myself for all other games - but not for DCS. Steam is a great plattform to aquire customers. This friend I was talking about, told me after his trials (on steam) about it and that he failed in every aspect. And as I said: I don't think the module itself or any bug was the reason for his giving up, but he wasn't interrested enough to spend more time on it. If he had told me about his plans, I would have suggested a trial license myself.

Edited by Nereid
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Flaps are fixed, I can confirm that, which is great. But I can hardly hide my disappointment about radiator switches and canopy open not working via keyboard/buttons. But at least something was fixed. Thanks.

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Channel 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• ED Team

threads merged

any different issues please move to a new thread thank you

• Like 1