Engines won’t start when moved from cutoff to idle detent.

3 hours ago, davidzill said:

Title says it all, using TM Warthog throttle. Any ideas?

Have you changed anything in the control binds in settings?

Have you tried restoring binds in the throttle, TM Warthog should correctly bind on the warthog

I feel the need The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Just after mission start, before you begin the start-up sequence, move the throttle from IDLE to OFF to make sure the sim "knows" that it's OFF.

Sounds ridiculous I know. Technical reason: the contact in the throttle lever closes when you move to the OFF position. It opens when you move to IDLE.

The sim does not reliably detect the transition from closed to open if it has not seen a transition from open to closed before.

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Having similar issue.  Engine spools up but does not ignite, gauges show only ~29% RPM, no oil pressure, etc. All is good in set up, everything works fine in air/runway start missions, and I am long in the habit of moving the throttle full motion then to off position when entering a ramp start mission. Ruled out controller issue. Fuel switches in on position default, tried rethrowing them, also tried a manual ignite, no dice. If throttle is moved forward, engine spools down. On occasion can get right engine to start if left engine is spooled down.  Appears to have started with last patch, this is the first time I've done a cold start since the last update. Full repair +delete any extra files, still no go.

22 minutes ago, Faelwolf said:

Having similar issue.  Engine spools up but does not ignite, gauges show only ~29% RPM, no oil pressure, etc. All is good in set up, everything works fine in air/runway start missions, and I am long in the habit of moving the throttle full motion then to off position when entering a ramp start mission. Ruled out controller issue. Fuel switches in on position default, tried rethrowing them, also tried a manual ignite, no dice. If throttle is moved forward, engine spools down. On occasion can get right engine to start if left engine is spooled down.  Appears to have started with last patch, this is the first time I've done a cold start since the last update. Full repair +delete any extra files, still no go.

If engine is spooling but doesn't start it's 100% human error. You missed some stop in start up precedure.

That was my first thought as well, but stepped through it one item at a time, and also the odd issue of the right engine occasionally starting but not the left. (I'll agree that 99% of the time it is an issue between the seat and the stick heh)
On a hunch, went into mission editor and resaved the mission. All my old missions did weird things after 2.7 dropped. Working fine now, must be one I missed after the big update a while back.
Also discovered while playing around with this that apparently for me at least, the throttles no longer require me to cycle them to sync them up, if I have them set to off when starting a cold start mission to match their jet(TM Warthog). But I don't think I will break that habit after 10+ years. 🙂 

17 hours ago, Eugel said:

Does it work if you moved them back to off and then idle again ? 

I always had to move them twice to get them to start until I checked the "synchronize controls with cockpit" option.

I’ll try that today. Yes, they will start when moved from idle to shutoff and back to idle 

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...