Request: Petr target selection - change selection priorities?

cfrag

When I start my run to attack vehicles, I tell Petr to look for targets in a certain area. After a while I get a list of vehicles to choose from. According to the docs, the targets are sorted by threat: 

The target list will be sorted in threat order (air defense targets at the top)

Would it be possible to have them listed (optimally by switching between ascending and descending) by distance instead of threat? The problem with threat types is that when I'm engaging two groups of vehicles that fight each other, I'm usually approaching from the rear of my own units, and invariably Petr will fire on our own guys. Cockpit communications should be good enough to be able to instruct Petr to target the further (or closest) vehicles first.

There could probably be a little more data in terms of the target list provided. Maybe an estimated distance next to each target for example? I feel like the gunner in reality would have some idea of how far away each target is, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to have Petrovich provide us with an estimate.

In terms of other data, perhaps when at an especially close range Petrovich could have a go at specifically identifying the target, rather than just listing generic 'IFV/Tank'. Maybe throw a bit of human error in there, like mistaking a Chieftain for a Challenger? Just ideas of course!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

First, Petro is still WIP. Second, after latest patch I think there was some changes to target list. Now, I will get a bunch of infantry units before getting to APC or AAA. So, I think, list filter has already being changed to distance as primary criterium.

• Like 1

Yes sorted by distance wold be far more useful.

One example I had lately was selecting a unit from the first few targets on the list, and the crosshairs jumping way out back of the targets to that unit that was several km's behind the other targets - which if I actually closed to engage would bring me to too close to the targets closest to me.

By sorting by range I can select the actual closest threat that concerns me and that I am happy to close to within the other threats range - if that all makes sense. 

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]