Mission 5 false identification of miner

gonvise

Hello... in mission 5, I spot a vessel that I think was the miner, send the TGP picture (max. zoom, 2mn) via F10 menu to strike validation, and they confirm me... but after shoot a Maverick, no confirmation message received (only default message that I had sunk a ship), and I noticed (labels on) that this wasn't the miner, the miner was on the right.

1 hour ago, gonvise said:

Hello... in mission 5, I spot a vessel that I think was the miner, send the TGP picture (max. zoom, 2mn) via F10 menu to strike validation, and they confirm me... but after shoot a Maverick, no confirmation message received (only default message that I had sunk a ship), and I noticed (labels on) that this wasn't the miner, the miner was on the right.

Hi will have a look. Can you confirm whether first or second target. Also if easy A2A version. Thanks

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

18 minutes ago, gonvise said:

First target from waypoint 4 to 5, easy A2A.

Hi, checked it out. Because I was a little generous with the confirmation trigger zone one other ship has been captured.

What has probably happened to you  is either:

1.0 you identified the wrong ship which would have been on its own and got a positive feed back because of the generous trigger zone. 

2.0 You identified the correct private  cruiser which has accompany bog hammer speed boats and lost contact picking up on the wrong ship after you were  cleared hot.

What I will do is move the ship which is  not the correct target outside of the confirmation trigger zone so confirmation can only occur with the correct target.

I will send to ED so it can be updated. This will solve possibility 1.0 above. However possibility 2.0 is just down to procedure. Would recommend once you have a clear view of the cruiser and boghammers making a mark point in case you lose lock.

In the meantime the mission can  be flown successfully making sure as in the brief the target is a cruiser with accompanying boghammers. Also checking this is the case when locking on the Maverick display. 

Thanks for picking this one up as it never occurred in any of the testing . 👍

Hope you enjoy the rest of the campaign 

Badger633

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 weeks later...

Should now be fixed with last update.

Badger633