New Hornet pilot model?

Skysurfer

Hello,

in the past I saw Wags or another developer mention the ongoing work on a new pilot model for our Hornet with proper US NAVY flight gear and improved animations (similar to the HB Tomcat). Could someone from the ED team please confirm that this is still planned and being worked on, since there has been no more word on it ever since it was first mentioned.

Thanks.

• ED Team

Pilot body is planned and will come later in early access.

thanks

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Pilot body is planned and will come later in early access.

thanks

Nice to read this, however I'd rather see the effort/resources put in a Viper pilot body...

We've been flying a QF-16 for far too long now....

How about at least putting a placeholder pilot model in the Viper and then move on to tweaking Hornet pilot body details?

(Same can be said for at least the A-10C II, Ka-50 and Hind, although the Viper is most due imo)

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

5 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Nice to read this, however I'd rather see the effort/resources put in a Viper pilot body...

How about at least putting a placeholder pilot model in the Viper and then move on to tweaking Hornet pilot body details?

(Same can be said for at least the A-10C II, Ka-50 and Hind, although the Viper is most due imo)

I don't recall him saying effort wasnt being put into Viper concurrently. Also, remember that the viper module is a lot lot younger than hornet, you can't expect viper to reach hornets level of completion for another couple of years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

20 minutes ago, Swiftwin9s said:

I don't recall him saying effort wasnt being put into Viper concurrently. Also, remember that the viper module is a lot lot younger than hornet, you can't expect viper to reach hornets level of completion for another couple of years.

I know I know...

I get just a tiny bit frustrated that (for me) the Viper is not at all enjoyable in VR, only because of the void cockpit. 

Iirc the Hornet had a (for me good enough) pilot body since EA release and for the Viper there has been little to no response on progress or some sort of an estimation.

Sure, the Hornet is a lot further in development, I personally think though, that at least something of a (place holder) pilot body in the Viper is more due than an updated pilot body for the Hornet

But hey, don't get me wrong. As a big fan of having a VR pilot body in any module, seeing news about activity on this feature is always good 😉

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

The question was asked here in the hornet forum, for the hornet pilot, please dont derail with the viper topic, the viper will have its own pilot eventually also. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Any update on the revamped pilot model?  This is a highly anticipated feature for a lot of VR guys!  Really hoping we can get it close to on par with the Razbam model in the Harrier which has been out for a very long time and far outclasses the Hornet atm.  Thanks!

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord