DCS: F-16C Viper Roadmap

Wags

Hello, Than you very much for this. 🙂

1. Please can you at this time comment, on how effective can we expect the towed decoy to be in DCS BVR?

2. Please is it at this time possible to make any comments on the future of the 16s A/A radar performance. We see you have tagged the thread discussing that as fixed internally, can you please let us know some information at this time?

Edited by Im_TheSaint
  • Like 7

I must say, I am very happy to see that you included the Sniper XR pod. Some time ago, I think it was in September 2019 you released an initial placeholder roadmap. This included the Sniper XR pod, but after some time, the post was edited and the Sniper XR pod was erased from it.

This gave us, the community, some gut wrenching feelings of both sadness and madness, as we went to overthink the situation into a conspiracy.

The Sniper XR pod is still  used and it is cutting edge techonogy. As to my knowledgethe materials to cover it arent fully public yet.
Maybe this question isn´t answerable, but are you please able to say at this time, what the chances of it seeing full release are?

PS: if you choose to strike out a feature from some list of features, as the Sniper pod was, we are a respectfull and understanding community we will take it as it is. So in the future, please don´t make things dissapear overnigh, without a trace or a commentary. It gave us much heart ache.

Edited by Im_TheSaint
  • Like 3

About the handoff mode for the RWR, will the AN/ALR-56M also get its other functionality? Namely the ACT/PWR button that should illuminate/blink 'ACTIVITY' (which it should do at least when a new RADAR is detected). Then there's the miscellaneous things like the self-test and launch test.

Also will these improvements translate over to the F-5E-3 where the same thing applies?

22 minutes ago, Bricux said:

I'm little bit sad about AGM-158 JASSM, but it's great to see acceleration on F-16 project.

It's an M6/M6.5 thing I'm afraid, we've got M5.1 spec.

Though pleased to see Sniper XR back on the list.

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

Hi all,

Please note the list is in regards only to the poll items, and this is not a wish list thread. 

If you want to talk about the hornet, do it in the hornet sub forum. 

thank you

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Agreed.  Thanks for taking community input to generate the developed lists.  This road map is especially hopeful.  I am truly excited about the FM points that are being refined.  This is a great roadmap.  Way to go!  

• Like 2

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

I didn't even know there was a poll, but the result looks good. The Viper is going to be great. And I can finally read stuff in it with my new G2, so I'm able to enjoy all the good stuff that comes to the displays without having to zoom constantly dealwithit.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

3 hours ago, Wags said:

It is also important to remember that all features of our Viper are in regards to a United States F-16CM Block 50 operated in the 2007 time frame.

Anybody clarify why and since when the block 50 is now strictly a 2007 block 50? My official source (wikipedia) has the block 50 delivered in 1991 so what I am now wondering is what we are missing out on from earlier/later era of the block.

Would it be unfeasible to include all the features, is it much like the A10C thunderbolt where we now have a second suite of the same aircraft/block if you like?

There must be some viper nerds lurking around here that can fill me in surely.

Just curious to know and if it has already been discussed in depth elsewhere please paste me the link 🙂

Ta

• Like 1

Anybody clarify why and since when the block 50 is now strictly a 2007 block 50? My official source (wikipedia) has the block 50 delivered in 1991 so what I am now wondering is what we are missing out on from earlier/later era of the block.

Would it be unfeasible to include all the features, is it much like the A10C thunderbolt where we now have a second suite of the same aircraft/block if you like?
There must be some viper nerds lurking around here that can fill me in surely.

Just curious to know and if it has already been discussed in depth elsewhere please paste me the link

Ta

Please note that our Viper in DCS is a Block 50/52 CCIP Viper, the CCIP Programm started around 2006/2007 iirc
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Please note that our Viper in DCS is a Block 50/52 CCIP Viper, the CCIP Programm started around 2006/2007 iirc

Ahh right I see. Yeah looking again at my ultra-accurate official source (Wikipedia again 😅) about the CCIP program would seem like that is correct though I am now curious about the radar due to this part;

" Northrop Grumman was awarded a contract in early 2004 to develop an M5+ upgrade kit to update the AN/APG-68(V)5 radars on the Block 40/42/50/52 Falcons to the AN/APG-68(V)9 standard; upgrading of Block 40/42 aircraft began in 2007 and is to become operational on the Block 50/52 aircraft by 2010."

So do we have a 2007 block 50/52 with the CCIP upgrade but awaiting the radar upgrade or do we have a 2010 block 50/52 CCIP? Not sure what differences the newer radar system would make in DCS though? 

Also, with the CCIP program standardizing the blocks, did the old 40/42 blocks become known as 50/52's after the upgrade or were they still referred to by their original block numbers? 🤔 

Also also, it would be good of ED to list it on the modules page exactly what timeframe their modules represent. Just for ease of reference if anything. 

Edited by Bagpipe

1 minute ago, Bagpipe said:

So do we have a 2007 block 50/52 with the CCIP upgrade but awaiting the radar upgrade or do we have a 2010 block 50/52 CCIP?

The first one

1 minute ago, Bagpipe said:

Not sure what differences the newer radar system would make in DCS though? 

Iirc the increase from v5 to v9 is some ~10% increase in performance (e.g. detection range et al.).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bagpipe said:

We have/are getting an M5.1 spec F-16CM Block 50 (which is actually 2008/2009, rather than 2007), but it was stated to be 2007 from the get go.

2 hours ago, Bagpipe said:

I hope so, I just wouldn't count on it for the forseeable future.

• Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

Iirc the increase from v5 to v9 is some ~10% increase in performance (e.g. detection range et al.).

Also, the (V)9 has SAR capability, the (V)5 does not

• Like 5

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thanks for sharing the roadmap for the viper.
The flight model really need work and I am glad it there and already being worked on according to the last newsletter. Hope that get in the openbeta soon.
Wishing all your team a good one in getting all these listed feature implemented.
Looks like many of the 'In development' message on the DED pages remains till 2022.

In any case these features when complete should put the viper in a much more better form.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

10 hours ago, sobek said:

Also, the (V)9 has SAR capability, the (V)5 does not

Since "our" F-16 is describled as CM blk. 50 version, its means the same like C 50+ (C 50 Plus)? If it's, that means we should get V(9) with SAR. 

"The first production V(9) radar, which was delivered in April 2002". DCS F-16 is around 2007, so we should (i hope) get (V)9 radar 🙂 

• Like 2