DCS: F-16C Viper Roadmap

Wags

21 hours ago, Wags said:

Some features require a lot of effort and time, like HTS/HAD and AG radar, while the others are not as complex and can be completed sooner. We’ll start with the most important ranked by you, that are also feasible for us, and then continue to bring you more and more DCS: F-16C Viper functionality.

You should really focus on the obvious placeholders and missing features. When me and my buddies tested the Viper at the last big free to play event (decembre?) there were some really obvious things missing, that we could easily realize without checking the manual. Can't remember everything, bust most obvious things were the placeholder-titled MFD menu-screens, the lack of proper countermeasure-management, and some obvious omissions when going through the DED ("upfront controller"?) menus.

These things made the whole module feel very basic to us.

• Like 1

• ED Team
56 minutes ago, twistking said:

You should really focus on the obvious placeholders and missing features. When me and my buddies tested the Viper at the last big free to play event (decembre?) there were some really obvious things missing, that we could easily realize without checking the manual. Can't remember everything, bust most obvious things were the placeholder-titled MFD menu-screens, the lack of proper countermeasure-management, and some obvious omissions when going through the DED ("upfront controller"?) menus.

I hope you reminded your buddies this is early access and the viper is still in development. The list here focuses on the poll and does not list all tasks. 

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, twistking said:

🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

Thanks for the timeline.  It looks like there are some exciting additions in the pipeline.  It will be interesting to see how the ECM pods and decoys function within the DCS World environment.  A wider expansion of the EW aspects of the game would be a welcome improvement.  Also the A/G radar and HMCS symbology will be a game changer for the Viper's effectiveness.

• Like 3

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I hope you reminded your buddies this is early access and the viper is still in development. The list here focuses on the poll and does not list all tasks. 

thanks

sure thing. all i wanted to point out is that some omissions are evident to the uninformed, while others are less so. my humble opinion is that those omissions that are more evident should be a priority, even if they maybe add less capability sexyness to the module. not a big deal though...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NineLine said:

This is still to be determined, and low priority at the moment, thanks.

I’m a just bit curious why it has gone from something that is on the list when it got up for pre-order to, TBD…. It’s a rocket pod on a TER… not a super complicated system. (Not meant in anger, just general curiosity) 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 8/1/2021 at 11:05 AM, Bricux said:

Since "our" F-16 is describled as CM blk. 50 version, its means the same like C 50+ (C 50 Plus)? If it's, that means we should get V(9) with SAR. 

"The first production V(9) radar, which was delivered in April 2002". DCS F-16 is around 2007, so we should (i hope) get (V)9 radar 🙂 

Last I checked it was specifically stated that we do NOT get the (V)9 but the (V)5. Personally I'd love a (V)9, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

On 7/31/2021 at 8:35 AM, Wags said:

Air-to-Air Radar improvements: DTT SAM mode, bullseye, and intercept steering cue.

Does 'bullseye' include the cursor bullseye location?  I really hope so -- at present communicating bandit locations and stuff with other airframe types is very challenging.  It really becomes a hindrance in large scale / complex multiplayer missions.

• Like 2

Great to see updates to the roadmap for sure. Only down side I see to the current model of F16 we got is that it really lacks weapon diversity. I imagine if the JSOW-A ever got it's HOF implemented it would really make a huge difference in the weapons ability to actually kill stuff. Having the JDAM's is certainly great I just wish the USAF/ANG actually used 1000 pound bombs as well. A lot of time's the 500 pounds isn't enough and 2000 pounds is overkill and hard to carry if you get in any kind of BVR engagement but I guess that is what it is. Great update on the roadmap.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:05 AM, Bricux said:

Since "our" F-16 is describled as CM blk. 50 version, its means the same like C 50+ (C 50 Plus)? If it's, that means we should get V(9) with SAR. 

"The first production V(9) radar, which was delivered in April 2002". DCS F-16 is around 2007, so we should (i hope) get (V)9 radar 🙂 

By the way the V (9) was first tested in the Greece HAF F-16's.

And the HAF sop and supliments well documented and available for public access and we can only hope for a exported version of the F-16 therefore all your and others whishes would make sense.

Cheers 😽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank50us said:

Given that some Block 50s in the export market that are equipped with the AGM-84 Harpoon, is there any chance the F-16 could be equipped with this in the future?

Since ED is making a USAF/ANG version and not an export version that is gonna be a no too

Edited by FoxOne007
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]