DCS: F-16C Viper Roadmap

Wags

2 hours ago, CH4Pz said:

Would love to see some campaigns, like the raven one campaign, but for the 16!

BalticDragon (the guy from the Raven One campaign) is working on a realistic F-16 campaign on the Syria map

8 hours ago, Xillix said:

This model is in dire need of an upgrade/revamp and the future map for the Viper looks promising. More speed and maneuverability, similar to the real thing, and with a proper Radar upgrade.

Cheers!

The 3D model is more then fine, it’s the systems we need

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
11 hours ago, Xillix said:

This model is in dire need of an upgrade/revamp and the future map for the Viper looks promising. More speed and maneuverability, similar to the real thing, and with a proper Radar upgrade.

Cheers!

Wags posted yesterday, Only over 20k MSL are there some issues with acceleration and ITR, if you have track replays and data showing a problem we will take a look, but I would suggest waiting before you do for the flight model tweaks mentioned.

thanks

Posted 21 hours ago · IP 

Flight Dynamics Update

Dear all,

One of the most important updates we are working on for the Viper is adjusting the angle of attack and G loading models. We’ve been making good progress, and the sustained rates match the reference data well across airspeeds, altitudes, drag indexes, etc. The same can also be said for acceleration and Instantaneous Turns Rates (ITR) below approximately 20k MSL. We do though still need to adjust acceleration and ITR above 20k MSL. This is not a simple matter, and we hope to have this task complete this autumn.

Kind regards,

Matt

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 9 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

Wags posted yesterday, Only over 20k MSL are there some issues with acceleration and ITR, if you have track replays and data showing a problem we will take a look, but I would suggest waiting before you do for the flight model tweaks mentioned.

thanks

Does this mean that we get no flight model update before autumn or do we get the maneuverability fixes soon and the fixes about 20k MSL later?

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, TobiasA said:

oes this mean that we get no flight model update before autumn or do we get the maneuverability fixes soon and the fixes about 20k MSL later?

as soon as any changes are ready we will let you know, we are making good progress. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 29 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

as soon as any changes are ready we will let you know, we are making good progress. 

thanks

No matter which strategy you choose, I would highly appreciate subsequent fixes to improve the current low speed handling even if we would have to wait for the "big fix" until autumn. Thanks for the effort you guys are putting into the F-16 now!

• Like 1

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, TobiasA said:

No matter which strategy you choose, I would highly appreciate subsequent fixes to improve the current low speed handling even if we would have to wait for the "big fix" until autumn. Thanks for the effort you guys are putting into the F-16 now!

No problem, thank you for the support. 

• Thanks 1

I will admit, I’ve been pretty salty about the F16 flight model. I am so happy a game developer actually listens to their community. Thank you Eagle Dynamics for valuing your customers. Seems to be a rare occurrence in gaming these days. I am so excited!! Good luck and keep working hard!

PS - 2.7 is still amazing, especially in VR. Yay, cloud surfing in my Reverb G2 and 3080!

Edited by Swoleymoley

• ED Team
10 hours ago, Oceandar said:

What does this "G loading" means? Does that mean I can pull 9G for like 5 to 10 sec and not black out ?

The available G based on mach, altitude, and drag index. 

In some cases, the available G was less than it should have been

thanks

• Like 2

The available G based on mach, altitude, and drag index. 
 In some cases, the available G was less than it should have been

thanks
Roger that. Thanks. I think I was wrong on the assumption.
  • Like 1

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Don’t know what happen last update , systems updates EXCELLENT keep coming , radar doesn’t lock a target pointing down anymore on a dogfight, roll rate is astonishing slow and the airplane is less manoeuvrable  than before , hope that as fixed next one, the overturned hornets never loose energy and we struggle to climb away ! Waiting for the viper update ASAP

:thumbup:

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, Bozo_ said:

Don’t know what happen last update , systems updates EXCELLENT keep coming , radar doesn’t lock a target pointing down anymore on a dogfight, roll rate is astonishing slow and the airplane is less manoeuvrable  than before , hope that as fixed next one, the overturned hornets never loose energy and we struggle to climb away ! Waiting for the viper update ASAP

Thanks for the kind words, but we had no flight model changes in the last update. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, llOPPOTATOll said:

Bulls isnt always steerpoint 25, bulls can be any steer point 1-25

That’s not correct, the Bulls location is defined in Steerpoint 25 as per the above posted image and various docs (such as the M3 tape F-16 doc) out there (of which the image is based on)

Edited by FoxOne007

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]