INS Alignment permanent drift - major bug!

Mr_Blastman

I started flying Liberation campaigns and I have noticed a major problem with the AV-8b...

I am on a carrier, I do SEA alignment to a T to Chuck's guide, and even if I do this flawlessly, when I switch over to IFA after aligning, all of my nav points begin drifting, forever, away from me.  They never stop moving, all my routes are shot, and everything is broken.

What is going on?

This is driving me insane.

Once this begins, there is no way to re-align and no way to fix.  The only solution is to start the sim again and hope the problem goes away.  Something is broken, either in Razbam's AV-8b or with Liberation.

I have reproduced this dozens of times.

Edited by Mr_Blastman

I started flying Liberation campaigns and I have noticed a major problem with the AV-8b...

I am on a carrier, I do SEA alignment to a T to Chuck's guide, and even if I do this flawlessly, when I switch over to IFA after aligning, all of my nav points begin drifting, forever, away from me.  They never stop moving, all my routes are shot, and everything is broken.

What is going on?

This is driving me insane.

Once this begins, there is no way to re-align and no way to fix.  The only solution is to start the sim again and hope the problem goes away.  Something is broken, either in Razbam's AV-8b or with Liberation.

I have reproduced this dozens of times.

What is the date in the mission? If it’s before 1997 then there’s no gps and so you don’t turn to ifa , you turn to nav to use the ins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switching to NAV instead of IFA doesn't completely fix this in the Caucuses 1995 Liberation campaign.  When the bug occurs and somehow I manage to get the waypoints to stop moving by pressing random hotas buttons, once in flight and near target when using sensors, there's no way to ground stabilize the DMT or targeting pod once I create TOO points--instant, permanent drift sets in and acquiring a target becomes impossible.

This is bizarre behavior watching these sensors start slewing in one direction to infinity without allowing me to override their behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr_Blastman I had this problem also and found it was caused by mapping keys to my CH Products,throttle (mini joystick). It took me a while to figure out, and I removed the mapping, and all is fine now. I  will never map anything to mini joystick again. Maybe your problem or another key mapping, maybe?

Trying to be helpful

Edited by whurst1

55" HD Samsung, ASUS Z590 ROG Maximus Hero XIII, MSI RTX 4070TI Gaming X Slim 12GB GDDR6X, Intel i5 11600k, Corsair 64 GB RAM

+1  I agree 100% with Whurst1.  Sometimes I notice Waypoint 1 moving fast and out of control so I select Data and see WP 1 moving on the map. Then jiggle the throttle mini-stick and get the Waypoint to stop moving, place it back to where it should be and return to normal.

Out of interest, what controller are you using?

Presume you are referring to drift in waypoints when you are in 'DATA' on the 'EHCM' page of the MFD? Do you have any drift on the TCD move and could I be a controller issue?

Only ask as I had the same issue last night and tracked it down to the small thumb analogue stick on my X-56 which i have setup as TDC Horizonal/Vertical access.

On 8/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, whurst1 said:

Mr_Blastman I had this problem also and found it was caused by mapping keys to my CH Products,throttle (mini joystick). It took me a while to figure out, and I removed the mapping, and all is fine now. I  will never map anything to mini joystick again. Maybe your problem or another key mapping, maybe?

Trying to be helpful

Yeah, I think it is my mini-stick on my Cougar.  If it happens, I wiggle the stick and it will often stop.  I have no idea how to move the waypoint back, though.  Also, I must restart DCS at that point because my targeting pod, mavericks and sensors will go haywire whenever I try and use them.

After I restart, the problem goes away--but only if I wiggle the mini-stick first before the restart.

I have the stick bound to the sensor switch.  I never have this issue with Falcon BMS.