AI Mig-29K, KA-31 for some better Russian Carrier ops?

carss

Can the addition of an AI Mig-29K and/or Ka-31 be implemented in the near future? I know we may never get a flyable Mig-29K unfortunately but at least an AI so we have something to fly with, and a Ka-31 with radar surveillance so there is some Russian Carrier based AWACS that we can rely on?

Russian_Navy_Kamov_Ka-31.jpg

0OFdCwJKOKPPT0WiXObIVh6bHuHy5VVdHgGhV6nS

mgvja2emkpz61.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=38909fc

Edited by carss
  • Like 7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

12 hours ago, carss said:

Can the addition of an AI Mig-29K and/or Ka-31 be implemented in the near future? I know we may never get a flyable Mig-29K unfortunately but at least an AI so we have something to fly with, and a Ka-31 with radar surveillance so there is some Russian Carrier based AWACS that we can rely on?

Russian_Navy_Kamov_Ka-31.jpg

8_10_kuznetsov_pic.jpg?itok=7-Uv8sgL&tim

I agree 💯! Especially an AI MiG-29K

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2021 at 2:33 AM, Dragon89 said:

I agree 💯! Especially an AI MiG-29K

Yeah this and a AEW helo would be cool. Even if AI. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 7/31/2021 at 10:17 PM, carss said:

Both would be super cool, and since MiG-29K was included in Flanker 2.5 sim (I don't remember if it later made it to LOMAC) I hope it will reappear one day in DCS 2022 and beyond 😉

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Just now, Gierasimov said:

Both would be super cool, and since MiG-29K was included in Flanker 2.5 sim (I don't remember if it later made it to LOMAC) I hope it will reappear one day in DCS 2022 and beyond 😉

Well, from what I understand/been told the 29K from flanker 2.5 wasn't really remotely accurate so while I'd love to see a FF one, I don't think we will. As an AI asset though a multirole 29K would be cool of the Kuz or the even cooler if someone added the ex-soviet Indian carrier that operates it. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

9 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Well, from what I understand/been told the 29K from flanker 2.5 wasn't really remotely accurate so while I'd love to see a FF one, I don't think we will. As an AI asset though a multirole 29K would be cool of the Kuz or the even cooler if someone added the ex-soviet Indian carrier that operates it. 

The Indian carrier would be awesome. 

Hell, it'd be nice if these planes could also be placed on the Nimitz class carriers. I know it's not exactly realistic, but if they can land on the carrier, I don't see a reason why they can't spawn on the deck, even if they'll require a bit of a long run-up like a WW2 era fighter on an Essex.

On 9/20/2021 at 4:07 PM, Harlikwin said:

I mean if it does get added only 2 countries would operate it being Russia and India and it may even encourage ED or someone to make an Indian Carrier as an asset

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

On 9/20/2021 at 5:07 PM, Harlikwin said:

The external model was good. The cockpit was wrong supposedly because they couldn’t get information on it as I understand. I would love for it to come back since it was part of the family. Note it was a 9.31 not 9.41.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:07 PM, Harlikwin said:

You are right, we should aim for the AI MiG-29KR

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

8 hours ago, Seaeagle said:

Thats not the one on the Indian carrier though 🙂

I know. I want that on the Kuznetsov.

I’d love a Mig-29kr but I’d like to point out since AI aircraft use a SFM, and we have all the files for the 9.31 on the Flanker 2.5 cad, and most of our AI assets date for different periods of time anyway. Why not just restore it? I’m don’t let that stop anyone from making more modern AI units, but why not just read this to the game as AI?

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 3:12 AM, F-2 said:

I’d love a Mig-29kr but I’d like to point out since AI aircraft use a SFM, and we have all the files for the 9.31 on the Flanker 2.5 cad, and most of our AI assets date for different periods of time anyway. Why not just restore it? I’m don’t let that stop anyone from making more modern AI units, but why not just read this to the game as AI?

Yes I agree and restoring it as an AI entry should be pretty straight forward, but whether 9.31 or 9.41/9.47 we would need a new 3D model......I doubt anyone would be happy with the fidelity of the old Flanker 2.5 3D model in this day and age :)

• 3 months later...