F-14 track files have a consistent issue...

mytai01

Heat Blur, your track file problems are a consistent mess. Your programming is the problem! You can't have consistent issues and not have a programming issue...

Exhibit A

This is my repeat performance of the same track file...over and over again. Every other play is the same, but it deviates between crash and success...every time...and your gun sound suck! But, I digress with that...be excellent or get out...You're supposed to be making a simulator, not engaging in artistic license!

Edited by mytai01
  • Like 1

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

3 hours ago, mytai01 said:

Heat Blur, your track file problems are a consistent mess. Your programming is the problem! You can't have consistent issues and not have a programming issue...

Exhibit A

This is my repeat performance of the same track file...over and over again. Every other play is the same, but it deviates between crash and success...every time...and your gun sound suck! But, I digress with that...be excellent or get out...You're supposed to be making a simulator, not engaging in artistic license!

The game saves the track, not the module..
Who makes the game?
Log a track and report the bug..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StevanJ said:

Who makes the game?
Log a track and report the bug..

I would agree, except, the problem is module specific. Other modules don't have the same problem...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

Agree with you, but that bug report hasn’t even been acknowledged or marked as reported by ED.

Personally I doubt they’re able and/or willing to change the track replay system.

regards,

Snappy

Perhaps, someone could move this whole page (Or start another report) in the DCS bugs section, include a mods tag, and cause some waves (Whomever starts the post will have a force of users come to their help).
But trying to start an argument with a 3rd party- over an issue thats out of their hands is pointless.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 11:08 AM, StevanJ said:

Its probably because of F-14's complicated flight model. I dont know how OP flew in the trackfile it but if you touch the edge of the flight envelope, even the smallest initial difference causes a huge divergence.

There is a similar issue thats significantly stronger in F-14 compared to other modules, reliable missile desync in MP, which too happens because of F-14's flight model quirks (when buffeting/stalling at high AoA).

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580