How to create Spot Lights / Lights in Blender 2.93 for Static Objects

Hey Folks, newbie to blender here.

It's been a while (at least 2 years) since i've worked with 3DS and now i've started to work with blender 2.93. So far i managed to create a cube, exported it and created a lua file so it's visible in DCS 2.7...so far so good.

What i don't understand is how to create lights, for example a few spotlights for a flood light tower or a simple street lamp.

I've checked some tutorials also of Grajo but i quiet don't get it. Is there a simple step by step to create a light out of a simple object. A Sphere, a cube..

Inside the edm export tool readme there's this sentence that i also don't understand "To place a light in the edm model, you have to place an empty-object and choose Light as Emptytype."

How can i create an "empty-object"...

Any help is appreciated, will bother you with more question if things work out.. Thx folks

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

Hi there, and welcome to Blender World, perhaps you know that Blender is not officially supported by ED and some features still not exist (Personally I use Blender for 3D modeling and 3D max for all DCS related things ) hope to see Blender with official support SOON (need to make some nose to this point) any way ...  this is for light, for on/off you need to go for visibility ! as non existing feature progressive light, like in 3D max, not just on/off but light source from 0 to 100%, perhaps I missed something some where 😛

image.png

MOD Logo - 100.png