CNI DED page

Talvid
Go to solution Solved by Florence201,

image.pngI want to access this page so I can get the comms presets to be cycled by the increment, decrement buttons on the ICP.  it's called the CNI (Communications, Navigation, and Identification) page, but thus far I can't figure out how to bring it up on my DED.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

You've posted the instructions on how to do exactly what you're looking to do...

That CNI page on the DED is the "default page", and all you have to do is press Return on the dobber, no matter what other page you're on, to get back to it.

Edited by Majik
  • Like 1

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

• Solution
6 hours ago, Iceman555 said:

image.pngI want to access this page so I can get the comms presets to be cycled by the increment, decrement buttons on the ICP.  it's called the CNI (Communications, Navigation, and Identification) page, but thus far I can't figure out how to bring it up on my DED.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Whatever DED page you’re on, dobber left will bring you to the default CNI page 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As others have mentioned, the CNI is the DED's "home" page. You can always get there with DCS (dobber) left to RTN. 

Now, to get the radios to be in channel mode rather than frequency mode: open each radio with the COM1 or COM2 override button, type the channel number you want to select, then hit Enter. 

6 hours ago, Iceman555 said:

Oh, so I have to memorize the channel programming if I want to flip through channels, or just look at the srs overlay.

IIRC - you can select the specific radio preset on the CNI page and press enter and it will display the associated frequency...prob not the specific way to do it, but it is possible to see what the preset freq actually is on the CNI page.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 hours ago, Iceman555 said:

Oh, so I have to memorize the channel programming if I want to flip through channels, or just look at the srs overlay.

Unless playing a mission with preset frequencies programmed, it's usual to just punch in the freqency required on the COM 1 or 2 pages and they'll show up on the CNI page.

Personally, when using presets, I also change them using the COM 1/2 pages as well instead of faffing with the dobber on the CNI page.  e.g:  COM 1 > 4 > Enter    done.

Edited by Majik

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

On 8/3/2021 at 4:24 PM, Iceman555 said:

Yup but in real life they use the same channel numbers for the same tasks over and over so you get used to it. Plus the communications plan will be written on your kneeboard so you just have to look down and read it.

When you know the sequence of channels you'll be using it's simple to make them a contiguous sequence like 7-8-9-10. That means you just have to increment through them which is helpful when you're changing frequencies quickly like departing or arriving at an airbase which can have 3 or 4 or 5 frequencies in the process. Once airborne I normally switch the arrows to the steerpoint so inc-dec handles that instead. The com1-number-enter method is fast enough for en route stuff.

When I'm in the CNI page, I can dobber down to the COM1 or COM 2 lines, but once I'm there the Increment, Decrement arrow buttons don't change the channel.  Is there another switch I need to trip to enable that?

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

4 hours ago, Iceman555 said:

When I'm in the CNI page, I can dobber down to the COM1 or COM 2 lines, but once I'm there the Increment, Decrement arrow buttons don't change the channel.  Is there another switch I need to trip to enable that?

Make sure the radios are set to a numbered channel and not a frequency on the CNI page, then it should work.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/