Jester and Iceman wishlist

Don Rudi

Hi,
I did not find a wishlist, so forgive me, if this is the wrong place.

What I would wish to be added:

Jester - time to release countdown
after having designated a target with LANTIRN and switching back to the pilot seat, it would be great if Jester would talk the release countdown (maybe last ten seconds or something). The display is hard to read at times, so it'd be a big help for the human pilot.

Iceman - pickle bomb
when flying as RIO (single player) and working the LANTIRN, it would be great to have an Iceman AI menu entry to tell him to release a bomb, without the need to switch back and forth in the cockpits.

Iceman - select Phoenix/Sparrow
when flying as RIO (single player) and working the radar, it would be nice if we could instruct Iceman to set master arm on and select Phoenix or Sparrow missiles, so we don't have to switch between front and rear pit.

I hope these points are worth considering.

• Like 3

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

I was thinking about creating one myself! 😄

Jester - TID range settings with TWS guided missile in the air 🙂 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Jester - HOLD THE DAMN LOCK!

To add to the above - Jester - switch TCS slave priority. Might come useful when the target attempts to notch. Also would be nice if Jester automatically toggled the Missile Options switch into relevant position to guide a Sparrow, correct me if he does that already. And to add to the TID considerations, when I select the Launch Zone display on the TID then I'd like to still see it when I switch to the pilot station, thank you very much.

4 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

Jester - HOLD THE DAMN LOCK!

To add to the above - Jester - switch TCS slave priority. Might come useful when the target attempts to notch. Also would be nice if Jester automatically toggled the Missile Options switch into relevant position to guide a Sparrow, correct me if he does that already. And to add to the TID considerations, when I select the Launch Zone display on the TID then I'd like to still see it when I switch to the pilot station, thank you very much.

I firmly believe that Jester is not at fault for most or all problems when it comes to locks. The only problems that he causes is switching from PD-STT to P-STT automatically (which can be turned off in the special menu). Idk how TCS slave would help and SP PD doesn't do much and I think only helps in longer range Sparrow engagements. 

For my wishlist, I would like him to be able to switch the MLC to out or in (automatically or via an option to tell him) and the ability to tell him to stop chaffing since he wastes all my chaff when I'm fighting SAMs or missiles that are defeated already.

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

37 минут назад, DSplayer сказал:

I firmly believe that Jester is not at fault for most or all problems when it comes to locks. The only problems that he causes is switching from PD-STT to P-STT automatically (which can be turned off in the special menu). Idk how TCS slave would help and SP PD doesn't do much and I think only helps in longer range Sparrow engagements.

I have the STT switch disabled and the problem still persists. Slaving radar to TCS would help if it keeps track when the radar loses its own track, so that it is able to keep the radar looking at the target until the radar reacquires it. SP PD is only needed for convenience, like if I'm tracking the target in PD-STT it doesn't always make a whole lot of sense to transition into P-STT just to launch a Sparrow and I would rather have Jester flip that one switch.

1 minute ago, WarbossPetross said:

I have the STT switch disabled and the problem still persists. Slaving radar to TCS would help if it keeps track when the radar loses its own track, so that it is able to keep the radar looking at the target until the radar reacquires it. SP PD is only needed for convenience, like if I'm tracking the target in PD-STT it doesn't always make a whole lot of sense to transition into P-STT just to launch a Sparrow and I would rather have Jester flip that one switch.

Firing with TCS Slave is a bit of a not complete thing at the moment. Maybe when they finish the TCS it would be a good idea for Jester to be able to access it. For the SP PD switch, you do not need to use the switch to fire in PD-STT for it to work. Sparrows in the Tomcat are a bit of a hit or a miss at the moment since they legit just refuse to track sometimes.

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

10 hours ago, DSplayer said:

You are of course right. Most of the cases where he tells us "he lost lock", it's not him that lost it, it's the radar.  

9 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

Then honestly, it sounds like it's your fault. You need to take proper anti notching/beaming maneuvers if you want to lock to persist. Especially against AI's that have "omniscient" SA. Work on your intercept geometries, plan and execute your pre and post fencing maneuvers and actions well. Once you've perfected those enough, you'll maintain locks more often then not. After disabling the auto-P-STT feature, my success ratio went from something like 20-25% to over 90%. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

i wish Jester will talk persian one day or have iranian accent))))))

• Like 1

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

2 hours ago, maxsin72 said:

I wish an option that make Jester gives continuously (more frequently then now)information during dogfight, especially about opponent position, thx

Related to this. While i see why many people demanded it, personally i find it less useful that i get airspeed updates more often then bandit callouts. I know it's just a personal preference so i would not ask it go away, but  it would be nice if there was an option to tell Jester to prioritize one over the other. Like make 3 bandit calls for each airspeed call, or at least a 50-50 ratio. 

I still just wish I knew what the position callouts meant.  If I am 50 degrees nose down and banked 130 degrees and I hear "Bandit, 4 oclock high" is the relative to a tope down, horizon fixed heading direction?  Or is it a plane of the aircraft reference?  if my heading is 000, then the former means the bandit is above the horizon on a roughly 120 degree bearing, while the latter means it is below the horizon on a roughly 240 degree bearing. 

As for the speed callouts, I would think that callouts should be as frequent as changes.  Say, one callout per 20-50 knots of change.  If I get eyes on the target and do a hard pull, I want every speed callout I can get and I don't need a position callout.  

This is where a human crew with voice comms is best.  "I got him!" from my pilot tells me I can give speed callouts and maybe try to get a P-STT lock to give closure callouts.

Edited by Spurts

22 hours ago, Spurts said:

I still just wish I knew what the position callouts meant.  If I am 50 degrees nose down and banked 130 degrees and I hear "Bandit, 4 oclock high" is the relative to a tope down, horizon fixed heading direction?  Or is it a plane of the aircraft reference?  if my heading is 000, then the former means the bandit is above the horizon on a roughly 120 degree bearing, while the latter means it is below the horizon on a roughly 240 degree bearing. 

They should be relative to the cockpit if i understood it right. But there are two issues:
1. Callouts are often late (but not always, not even most of the time);
2. As everything on a flat screen, the callouts are often skewed. What seams to Jester (and VR users) to be 5 high, sometimes translates to 12 or 6 high to face-tracking users. It's even worse with low calls. If Jesters call something low i just ignore and go straight, hoping to pick it up when i parks on my 6 😕 

3 minutes ago, Spurts said:

Hahahah!  @captain_dalanI often end up in a "bandit gathering turn" myself. 

I know how that feels 😄

• Like 1

I understand that in the real world these buttons do not exist for the pilot but it would be awesome if we could have a key bind to tell jester to cycle through the tws targets he has.

this would help when working in a formation to select a different first target of an approaching group of targets. For a simultaneous launch of phoenix from different aircraft.

this would also be a good work around for not having the ability to pick a specific target in tws mode.

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen