We really need more Jester keybinds.

Hentai Paisen

Why on earth aren't every single specific option inside the jester menus bindable? 

Just off the top of my head a list of commands that would be REALLY useful to be able to bind to a specific keybind:

Jettison drop tanks

Setting scan elevation

ECM on/off

Toggle Chaff/Flare control for pilot

TCS FOV toggle

Scan azimuth

Bindings for increase and decrease TID range instead of just set distances

Can we get more keybinds added please? It would make flying the F-14 solo a much more enjoyable experience.

Edited by Hentai Paisen
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hentai Paisen said:

Oh and how about two separate keybinds for the pilot to dispense flares and chaff while we're at it. Pretty sure this can already be done via some lua edits.

This is not realistic as the pilot cannot deploy flares and chaff individually at the same time. He has to use the DLC button to deploy countermeasures.

• Like 2

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

1 hour ago, DSplayer said:

This is not realistic as the pilot cannot deploy flares and chaff individually at the same time. He has to use the DLC button to deploy countermeasures.

The pilot could however shout at the RIO to deploy a specific countermeasure or program. I've lost track of the number of times Jester's assumption that any missile launched without an RWR indication is a heat seeking missile has contributed to the missions pre-mature ending. I'd love a request option for each of the CMD dispenser hat directions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

+1. I've been using VAICOM but that's not fool proof on account of the forgetting commands and commands failing to execute or not being recognized due to background noise interfering with voice recognition--sometimes that background noise being my headset's own audio.

Advocating for bind-able key for NAVGRID-Center aircraft!

• Like 2

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

26 minutes ago, Biggus said:

I was under the impression that Jester is getting an upgrade soon (probably with the Phantom release), so perhaps HB are waiting for that before adding bindings?

Curious of source?

I'm interested because just started setting up voice attack profiles... Wondering what will break or get added.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

4 hours ago, Biggus said:

In the meantime rather than going to the trouble of setting up a VA profile, just use Bailey's profile.

Sorry I meant Bailey's is the one I'm setting up, I have to modify to suit the wording I know and add missing commands etc. He's created a massive profile, but it doesn't really suit me and normally these sort of things work best when customized.

Thanks for the link re Jester, looks interesting! 

This part "complete rewrite of the JESTER AI system" sounds pretty major. I was also considering trying VAICOM/AIRIO but it needs just as much work to setup and train myself to memorise commands. I have some MFDs so I might just bind the Jester 1-8 commands to some MFD buttons and use that for the meantime until I see more news. I fly the Tomcat among another 8 DCS aircraft so it would be hard to spend alot of time on voice profiles and getting enough hours in to learn them... once Jester is final I may come back and do it

Edited by TAIPAN_
  • Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

On 2/11/2023 at 2:41 PM, Callsign JoNay said:

You don't like making 6 button presses to ask Jester to do it? /s

It was fun at the start, but kinda got old after the first dozen tries or so! 😆

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

4 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

It was fun at the start, but kinda got old after the first dozen tries or so! 😆

I wouldn't mind the 6 button presses to center the NAVGRID if Jester was smart enough to keep it centered. (And to re-center it after you've come back to it from an aircraft stabilized mode). Basically he should keep centering it until you ask him to do otherwise.

The center Navgrid function is probably the #1 reason why I switched to using VAICOM, becsuse i do it probably 20+ times every flight. The hilarious and ironic thing is the entire Navgrid category in Vaicom is borked by default, so you have to fix it on the user side. It's a pain in the butt, but it's worth it in the end.

But now with the new pure scripts IC option, many servers (like Hoggit) don't allow it.

Hopefully Jester 2.0 is better, smarter, and allows an easier way to interact with voice commands.

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 3:40 AM, Callsign JoNay said:

I wouldn't mind the 6 button presses to center the NAVGRID if Jester was smart enough to keep it centered. (And to re-center it after you've come back to it from an aircraft stabilized mode). Basically he should keep centering it until you ask him to do otherwise.

The center Navgrid function is probably the #1 reason why I switched to using VAICOM, becsuse i do it probably 20+ times every flight. The hilarious and ironic thing is the entire Navgrid category in Vaicom is borked by default, so you have to fix it on the user side. It's a pain in the butt, but it's worth it in the end.

But now with the new pure scripts IC option, many servers (like Hoggit) don't allow it.

Hopefully Jester 2.0 is better, smarter, and allows an easier way to interact with voice commands.

Amen to that!

On 8/5/2021 at 9:14 PM, near_blind said:

The pilot could however shout at the RIO to deploy a specific countermeasure or program. I've lost track of the number of times Jester's assumption that any missile launched without an RWR indication is a heat seeking missile has contributed to the missions pre-mature ending. I'd love a request option for each of the CMD dispenser hat directions. 

so true

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1