RWS Tracks Lifetime

HerrKitz

Haven't been flying Viper for ~1 month.

Before current patch RWS track ghost used to have lifetime of at least 1-2 full cycles, making a ghosty trail of detected aircraft. Right now track ghost dissapears after next bar scan (giving it 1/4 of the old lifetime), making it really hard to quickly lock spotted target before next cycle, have coursor preplased over the target.

Is it a bug or feature? If it's feature, how do you change track ghost lifetime?

2 hours ago, Florence201 said:

Check what you have set in the FCR CTL page for History 

If it is TGT HIS, it was set to 1. Changed to 4 and seems like it solved the issue somewhat. Still track ghosts are inconsistant, just got ghosts between 1st detection and actual to dissapear. Gonna provide flight track ASAP

• Thanks 1

My understanding is that one "frame" of radar scan is all bars (4 in video above). It seems as if DCS is treating each bar as a full scan for target history purposes. So targets are aging up to 4x faster than normal.

E.g. TGT HIST setting 4 would age a contact one level after the antenna goes left-right-left-right at its four elevations. This means that it would take the antenna traversing 16 time to fully age out a contact.

E.g. it would be normal for a non-maneuvering target like an air liner which is only detected on one of the four bars to produce a rolling trail of all four contact ages even though it was not detected on 75% of the traverses.

• Like 2

• ED Team

Reported to the team they will have a look at the current behaviour. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2