Nighttime Cockpit lit up like floods are on

uidotcom

I am running the latest Beta release with an Oculus Rift S with a 1080Ti. In VR, whether I perform an in-air or cold ramp start at night, the canopy reflections and the panels look as though they are rendered for daytime, making NVG use impossible. This is especially noticeable on the Nevada map where the canopy reflections without NVGs now hinder seeing lighting from Las Vegas during night-time flights. If I adjust the panel and flood lighting, I can see a faint change to introduce the green tint of the lighting on the panels, but all surfaces still appear to be bathed in daytime environmental lighting. Toggling global cockpit lighting causes no change.

I have updated my graphics drivers as well with no change. While I have the majority of other modules, this only happens in the viper, and started with the last update. 

• ED Team

Hi,

please include a short track replay example so I can test the same circumstance. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is this happening after you were previously in a daytime mission? I've experienced this before but I thought it had been fixed. The way it had been replicated was by going into a daytime mission, then subsequently going into a nighttime mission.

If you close and reload the game and go directly into a nighttime mission, do you get the same bug?

• ED Team

I can see the issue in open beta, the good news is as far as I can tell it is already fixed and our next open beta should resolve it. 

Please wait for the next patch and test again. 

thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2