Any ideas how to create an "AI AAR completed" trigger

sirrah

I'm playing with the idea to create an AAR training mission, including correct formation procedures.

Now first of all, I think the AI formation flying capabilities are just too poor to get this working, but I want to give it a try anyway.

I'm however still wondering how to create a trigger for when an AI flight member is topped off (done refueling). Any bright ideas anyone?

Attached you'll find what I have created so far:

1. 4-ship join up on tankers' port side
  2. After about a minute in formation #1 takes the drogue
  3. #2 takes over close on tankers' port wing a few seconds after no.1 moves behind the tanker  
  4. #3 and #4 just follow #2
  5. when #1 is done tanking he forms on the tankers' starboard wing

AI AAR test.miz

I now need some sort of trigger to let #2 know that he can take the drogue, but I'm puzzled on how to achieve this.

(to be honest, I'm not really into learning scripting. If that's what's required I'll just give up 😋)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

The easiest (and maybe only way really) is to use the scripting engine for this.  Here's a script that will do what you want.  Just make sure that whatever AI jet you want to have messages for has "AI" in it's name and run the script on a ONCE - TIME MORE trigger.  Adjust as you like.  I didn't look at the rest of your mission but this should get you the messaging part.

AI AAR test.miz AI AAR.lua

Thank you @johnv2pt0, I'll give it a try tomorrow :thumbup:

I'd rather went for a solution without scripting, (mostly because I want to understand what's happening in my missions), but indeed, maybe there's just no other way.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH