Private two player server communication

AlpineGTA

Hi,

I've been setting up some practice missions with a friend new to DCS, just hosting private sessions for the two of us to fly together in. We can do that fine and have SRS working for communication.

The problem is, if one of us crashes or leaves the aircraft for some reason - ejecting for example, or the server or game crashes, we can no longer talk to each other using the SRS radios to organise setting up another session, we have to resort to texting each other.

Is there an option to have SRS work separately to the aircraft radios, or do we have to use something like Discord for that?

If we use Discord, I assume we have to download the desktop client but is it possible to host a private Discord session so that only the two of us can chat privately whilst flying our DCS session?

Or is the built in DCS voice chat a viable option for this? Is it working well enough?

Thanks.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, AlpineGTA said:

If we use Discord, I assume we have to download the desktop client but is it possible to host a private Discord session so that only the two of us can chat privately whilst flying our DCS session?

Once you have downloaded the client you can setup your own server and then invite your friend(s).

Adding a Server is really just clicking the '+' button and following the Wizard

Edited by AdrianL

10 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Once you have downloaded the client you can setup your own server and then invite your friend(s).

Adding a Server is really just clicking the '+' button and following the Wizard

Ok, great, that sounds simple enough. Thank you.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2