Mission 7 - Coordinates don't exactly match target

Possible spoiler ahead

Spoiler

Not sure if you did this intentionally @Badger633, but the target coordinates given after destroying the three vehicles, do not exactly match the target location.

Screen_210731_122822.png

Screen_210731_122820.png(nothing there)

Screen_210731_122955.png

(actual target location)

Sorry for the poor quality.. Screenshots in VR are pretty miserable 🙄

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

13 hours ago, sirrah said:

Possible spoiler ahead

Hide contents

Not sure if you did this intentionally @Badger633, but the target coordinates given after destroying the three vehicles, do not exactly match the target location.

Screen_210731_122822.png

Screen_210731_122820.png(nothing there)

Screen_210731_122955.png

(actual target location)

Sorry for the poor quality.. Screenshots in VR are pretty miserable 🙄

EDITED RESPONSE: The coordinates are correct. As suggested by Padre Pio below you are not using the correct format of Precise coordinates. Information how to set this up is, I think, in item 3 under 'Tips' in the brief for this mission. These coordinates are not exact and you will have to look for the house.

Hope this helps.

Badger633

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

In my feeling, you have  wrong coordinates format in your HSI->DATA system. Your TGP shows in decimal minutes (DD-MM.DMDM). The ones you receive are usually with decimal seconds (DD-MM-SS.DS). Typical user's mistake for this module.

In my case the coordinates were OK, however they were not pointed exactly on the mentioned house, but few meters beside. Anyhow, one GBU has worked and did its job. 😉

Edited by Padre Pio

1 hour ago, Padre Pio said:

In my feeling, you have  wrong coordinates format in your HSI->DATA system. Your TGP shows in decimal minutes (DD-MM.DMDM). The ones you receive are usually with decimal seconds (DD-MM-SS.DS). Typical user's mistake for this module.

In my case the coordinates were OK, however they were not pointed exactly on the mentioned house, but few meters beside. Anyhow, one GBU has worked and did its job. 😉

Thanks for picking Sirrah's query up, you are correct  and no the given coordinates are not meant to be exactly on target.

Badger633 

• Like 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

5 hours ago, Padre Pio said:

Ah ok, thanks.

Seems I need to go and find out how to switch between DD-MM.DMDM and DD-MM-SS.DS in the HSI then...

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

Ah ok, thanks.

Seems I need to go and find out how to switch between DD-MM.DMDM and DD-MM-SS.DS in the HSI then...

My pleasure 😉

You have 2 steps:

1. HSI->DATA:  "Precise" switch

2. HSI-> DATA-> A/C:     "LatLN DCML"  switch

You will see the results in format change on any digital waypoint data. Then you may enter coordinates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2